Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Brain is Required

This week has been my first week of my college nursing class! It has gone really well, its just alot of info to cover over the next 5-6 weeks. We are covering at least 4-5 chapters a day out of the book and working on at least 6 skills. I got an A on my first test and ace’ed my skill lab work. This week and weekend will be spent studying up on Chapters 5-12, skills 6-12, and preparing for 2 exams on Monday morning… I keep saying its alot of work, but it will be worth it… it WILL be worth it! My tiny gremlin has also started pre-pre-school at the Creative Learning Center just up the street from the house, its also on my way to the JD campus which is great for me. She was sorta not real keen on going to this place after her first bad experience of going back to day care on Monday. Apparently she had a really bad day with a very HORRIBLE sitter. I decided to fix that real quick and just sign her up for a regular center instead of having her go to FCC home care. Never again will I put my child in FCC! These people really dont care to ever watch your kids, they just want to make some money and do their normal routine. The munchkin loves going to CLC so far, she takes her little back pack and likes the fact that we call it “school” she gets to spend all day in a real classroom setting and play with kids her own age. She also gets to learn skills that will prepare her for pre-k and kindergarten by learning on the computer and learning to write her name, numbers, shapes and colors. It comes out that its $40.00 more a week but she can also go every day of the week instead of just 2 days a week, and I have the peace of mind that she is ok.

Somewhere in between all that homework, Im going to attempt to have some fun. A friend of mine has invited me to go out for girls night on Friday night! Woohoo! I kinda need it, and he is totally ok with that (in fact I think he’s encouraging it lol) and watching the kiddo. We are going to the movies to see “Dear John”. YAY for girly movies!!!

Saturday is date night with my hubbers, we deserve it after a shitty Monday… and he also needs a break and a chance to relax. Besides Im looking forward to spending some good quality fun time with just him. I Love him! Not real sure what were gonna do yet... but some beer & wings are definitely in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment