So surgery went well. Hubs went in on Monday around 10:30am even though it was supposed to start around 8:30am (that's docs for ya.) They knocked him out for the whole procedure, which ended up being about 4 hours long. At the end of it all his Dr. came out to talk to me and said that things look really good, he said our chances as of that moment were really favorable. He was a bit groggy after surgery and he had to stay in recovery for a few hours but after that we got to go home. He has this week off from work and he’s just to pretty much lay around and be lazy. I try to do as much as he will let me do for him, which is a struggle for him to let me do… hes just not used to it. I just want the conditions to be ideal and for our chances to be close if not perfect, and well if that means sleeping on the chase lounge next to the bed for a week then so be it! lol. I think of the baby that I want to have and well that incites me to do just about anything! I have to say hes been really good about the recovery part hes been uncomfortable but I think thats pretty much from the dressing and the support. He hasn’t had much pain either, in fact he hasn’t even had to pop any of his pain pills, which is amazing too… if it were me Id be eating them like candy lol! He has a follow up in 3 weeks and they will check him out and probably do a test or two and then the doc will give us the green light hopefully. After that the fun will begin and we also get to play the waiting game each month… hopefully we wont have to wait forever. I think that’s gonna be the hardest part for me… to have patients. To understand it doesn’t happen instantly for even normal couples let alone our “special’ situation.I just have to be patient and not get discouraged… I know… easier said than done. lol. I know its a long shot but I still wish on my 11:11’s, my 12:12’s, shooting starts, trains with even cars, 4 leafed clovers and whatever else it takes… after all its what got me this far.
Step 1: Find a doc that does the procedure.
Step 2: Have procedure done.
Step 3: Get pregnant.
And so far so good. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment