There is typically nothing going on as of lately. Hubs had his 3 week follow up with the doc for his surgery stuff about a week ago and all seems to be well, they wanted to do a few more tests while he was there but he just wasn’t up to it. Have no fear the doc will have his way when we go back for his 1 month visit. ;) As far we know operation baby is going very smoothly… and I cant lie… it has been fun ;) lol.
So seeing how baby has been on the brain, I cant help myself when I go into my fav. thrift stores and see the cutest little things… I reason with myself that its ok to buy it when its only .99 cents or $1.00… I try to refrain from buying much of anything, I don’t want to count my eggs before they hatch.
But… I did come across these little cuties when I was at the thrift store the other day.

I washed them and since there were only 3 I figured why waste the electricity and run the dryer when I have a nice little laundry line in back yard courtesy of my porch poles. ;) As I hung them up on the line I was reminded of my mother. I remember the times where I would often play in the back yard while she hung up the wash… yes there was quite a few years where we didn’t have a dryer. And since dad worked full time and most often had the only car we had trips to the laundry mat were not convenient. So with love I dedicate this photo to my Momma… for giving me a great childhood, and now that Im an adult and a mother I finally understand it all mom. Thanks.
Other than that Im just counting down the days mom and dad will be here to visit for their vacation. Tomorrow were headed to NOLA for the day, probably taking the kiddo to the Aquarium and hanging out around the French Quarter. Ill probably pick up some postcards as usual and Im gonna try to press a few pennies as well.
Speaking of postcards I got a few recently in the mail (I’ll post them at some point) 4 were from a trade I did with a girl from Virginia and then I got one Today from the Ukraine.
And speaking of mail my new addiction should be here soon (probably tomorrow) its my package of clothes! I have been doing some “Thred Up’ing” with www.thredup.com its an awesome website where you can pick out clothes that people want to trade and you can trade yours to get more boxes sent to you. I also have been looking into www.swaptree.com where you can trade books for movies, movies for cds and cds for books or any which 3 sequences you want. Im all for Collaborative Consumption if you couldn’t tell already. Whats mine is yours and whats yours is mine… its a good thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment