Yesterday was my appointment with my new doctor, and it went well. I'll admit flat out that I was scared to death to walk into that waiting room, I was so afraid to be bombarded with pregnant bellies. Trust me to a infertile myrtle like me, that is like your worst nightmare! But, actually it wasn't that bad, I think it was because it was so late in the day. So he was a really cool guy, talks like he's drank about 1,000 red bulls but never the less pretty cool. We went over my history and he checked out my last hormone test results and the results on hubs. From review all that and talking with me he has decided that its my best interest that I have a Hysterosalpingogram! Yeah, that's a mouthful isn't it... here in the raddness of Radiology Tech land we call it a HSG for short. Basically they shoot dye up into my womanly parts and let it flow though out my tubes to make sure there is no blockage of or disruption of any sort. They can also tell if I have a tilted uterus and if both ovaries are working, its actually pretty neat if your the tech getting to do it... my how the tables have turned... LOL! Now its my turn to actually get it done :P And based on those test results he will decided if I need to have more testing done to fix what ever problem shows up or if just might need some clomid. The only problem I have now is waiting for mother nature to show up... I cant actually have the test done until that happens so for now were just waiting.... again. LOL! Oooh and this I have to share...Thursday, December 2, 2010
The King of Doctors
Yesterday was my appointment with my new doctor, and it went well. I'll admit flat out that I was scared to death to walk into that waiting room, I was so afraid to be bombarded with pregnant bellies. Trust me to a infertile myrtle like me, that is like your worst nightmare! But, actually it wasn't that bad, I think it was because it was so late in the day. So he was a really cool guy, talks like he's drank about 1,000 red bulls but never the less pretty cool. We went over my history and he checked out my last hormone test results and the results on hubs. From review all that and talking with me he has decided that its my best interest that I have a Hysterosalpingogram! Yeah, that's a mouthful isn't it... here in the raddness of Radiology Tech land we call it a HSG for short. Basically they shoot dye up into my womanly parts and let it flow though out my tubes to make sure there is no blockage of or disruption of any sort. They can also tell if I have a tilted uterus and if both ovaries are working, its actually pretty neat if your the tech getting to do it... my how the tables have turned... LOL! Now its my turn to actually get it done :P And based on those test results he will decided if I need to have more testing done to fix what ever problem shows up or if just might need some clomid. The only problem I have now is waiting for mother nature to show up... I cant actually have the test done until that happens so for now were just waiting.... again. LOL! Oooh and this I have to share...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well I'm glad the doc appointment went well and that he's jumping right into finding out the problem. Hopefully you figure osmething out soon. After the holidays, i'm going to face my fear and make my first doctor's appointment too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you like the doctor. Hoping for the best for you!
ReplyDelete