Saturday, January 8, 2011

Expecto Patronum!!!

We have finally seen the new Harry Potter!!! It was... AWESOME!!! I am a little sad that they are doing it in 2 parts though...but... I understand why. Don't worry I wont spill any of the goodies in case your still wanting to go see it, which you totally should... because it is AWESOME!!!

And in honor of witchcraft and wizardry, I have crafted up my very own wand!!!
Ohhh and its soooo easy to make... no really! And suuuuuuper cheap! Honestly you cant get cheaper than a rolled up piece of paper and some hot glue! I love it! I'm thinking of making a few more of these since I loved how it turned out and then making a cool wand stand to go with them to grace the top of my entertainment center.

So to make your very own witch or wizard wand... take a regular 8x11 sheet of paper and roll (tightly) from one side the other, once you've got your paper rolled up good and tight take a bit of hot glue and glue down your edge. Then cut off each end just a tiny bit and fill that in (very carefully) with hot glue. Let that dry for a few seconds and then begin to glue around all the sides of the "wand" to make the "bumpy" "magical" look. Once that dries you can begin to paint it. I painted the wand part brown first and just used one coat because I liked the way it made it look like wood. After that dried I just took a bit of metallic green paint and painted the "bumpy" "magical" part and Viola! You're ready to start dueling!



5 comments:

  1. Nice wand! I'm so excited for the last movie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty! And I'm super jealous that I have to wait to see HP - my hubby doesn't do movies at the theater

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the up theme park in nov(which I swear I'm gonna blog about this week) and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cute. Can't even tell it's paper! Your so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!!!

    Man, Id loooooove to go to the theme park and hopefully I will soon on one of our next trips to Florida. Cant wait to read what you wrote about it!

    ReplyDelete