So I have begun crocheting, thanks to my BFF who just recently came for a visit this weekend. She crochets like a pro! She has all sorts of Awesome stuff she makes... everything from beautiful hats and hair bands to baby booties! So she has got me hooked on hookin ;) No, not that kinda hookin although I do think its hilarious all the little innuendos you could make up with crocheting. We sat there one night (while crocheting) and though of all these funny things to put on t-shirts. Like... I hook it in spare time, I love hookin, Size matters.... how big is your hook?, If you show me your hook... I'll show you mine... etc ;) Anyway... I have been "practicing" all weekend and yesterday and today. I am a crappy crocheter... for now. I promise to get better and keep at it. Its just one of those things that does NOT come naturally or easy for me. I'm gonna have to work at this, but there's nothing I love more than a challenge at doing something creative! I think with time and a reading chart, because reading those patterns are starting to make me feel like I'm reading another language... I think, just maybe... I could be...decent ;) So right now my project is a scarf and I hope to finish it by 2012! LOLTuesday, January 18, 2011
The Tale of the Crappy Crocheter...
So I have begun crocheting, thanks to my BFF who just recently came for a visit this weekend. She crochets like a pro! She has all sorts of Awesome stuff she makes... everything from beautiful hats and hair bands to baby booties! So she has got me hooked on hookin ;) No, not that kinda hookin although I do think its hilarious all the little innuendos you could make up with crocheting. We sat there one night (while crocheting) and though of all these funny things to put on t-shirts. Like... I hook it in spare time, I love hookin, Size matters.... how big is your hook?, If you show me your hook... I'll show you mine... etc ;) Anyway... I have been "practicing" all weekend and yesterday and today. I am a crappy crocheter... for now. I promise to get better and keep at it. Its just one of those things that does NOT come naturally or easy for me. I'm gonna have to work at this, but there's nothing I love more than a challenge at doing something creative! I think with time and a reading chart, because reading those patterns are starting to make me feel like I'm reading another language... I think, just maybe... I could be...decent ;) So right now my project is a scarf and I hope to finish it by 2012! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

um love ur nails!!!!!!! and I recently started crocheting very crappily also lol
ReplyDeleteI've never tried crocheting, just knitting, but I don't have the patience to be good at it. Practice makes perfect~ cute nail art :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't crocheted in forever! I love the nail art. It looks good :)
ReplyDeleteMy mom is a pro too. It's annoying.lol. good luck!
ReplyDeleteOMG nails! amazing! I want to learn to crochet soooo badly!
ReplyDeleteand totally scored the rice at the commissary =) It's all over here in NC -- keep an eye out, you should totally find it! If not, asian supermarkets are a jackpot for sushi supplies <3
xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
I love your nails. Good luck with the scarf. Looks like it may take a while. ;)
ReplyDeleteI've been crocheting since was l Little and I still suck. I just was not able to devote the time to it. Stick with it and it will get better. Love your nail art!
ReplyDelete