Friday, February 4, 2011

30 Days of Books: Day 2


Day 02 – A book or series you wish more people were reading and talking about?

Hmmmmm lets see... this one is kinda tough for me because I think I read more of the
"popular" books... but one author I love that alot of people either Love or Hate is Chuck Palahniuk he wrote the books; Fight Club, Lullabye, Choke, Snuff, Invisible Monsters, Haunted, Pygmy, Diary; A Novel, and Tell All. He is a bit of an esscentric wrighter, dont get me wrong he is awesome and his novels are best sellers but like I said you either love him or hate him.

I think the same goes for Irvine Welsh the author of books like; Trainspotting, Glue, The Acid House, Porno, Filth, If you liked school, you'll love work, Ecstacy, Marabou Stork Nightmares, and Crime. He is another amazing author that you just have to have a taste for ;)

I also love Jesse Petersen's Living with the Dead series those books are; Married with Zombies, Flip this Zombie, (and soon to hit the market this year) Eat, Slay, Love. Her books are hilarious with dark humor and vulgarity but in a good way ;) Close your eyes and imagine your in the middle of a zombie apocalypse and battling zombies has become your everyday life... now imagine it with your EX!.. yeah that's what I thought! That is Sarah and David (the two main character's) predicament lol!

Oh and I think they should make more books that YOU as the reader get to decide the ending to... kinda like those books we had as kids but with adult senarios of course. I LOVE books like that! I currently own one and it is called "Pretty Little Mistakes" by Heather Mcelhatton. Its a wonderful book that allows you to control your own characters destiny!

4 comments:

  1. I love Chuck Palahniuk too! I have never heard of Jesse Petersen before, but the books sound fun just from the titles, will have to try one!

    The author I wish more people read is Kurt Vonnegut. I love him! And by more people I mostly mean my husband; I've been trying to get him to read Breakfast of Champions since we met and he won't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I've never heard of any of these authors. That's why I love these kind of things - gives me a chance to broaden my horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these authors. I need to read more, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read "Fight club" but I have seen the movie & the books are usually better than the movies. So thumbs up to this suggestion.

    Also, I have at one time owned a copy of "Pretty Little Mistakes". Pretty neat book.

    ReplyDelete