
Meaning... "Let the good times roll!" And that's exactly what we did on Saturday! We went to our first Mardi Gras parade of the season. I seriously, no SERIOUSLY LOVE this time of year down here in what I like to call "Cajun country" the weather is beautiful, the out door cooking starts, the food smells amazing and the people are so friendly. I swear if I could have chosen a birth right I'd have made myself been born a Cajun ;) Cause they sure know how to have a good time! The parade was awesome, we watched some of the brightest and most colorful floats go by and throw us TONS of trinkets, while we danced away to Zydeco music. We spent just about all afternoon hanging out in Ocean Springs, its a seaside city just over the bridge from Biloxi, its also the city I will be working in starting tomorrow. We also have a another parade next weekend in D'Iberville which is also over another bridge but in the opposite direction, Biloxi is a Peninsula ;) And then next month we are going to NOLA for my birthday! This year it just happens to fall right after Fat Tuesday, so it should make for an awesome time but just enough time to pass for the "tourists" to leave ;) Not that I consider myself a "local" or a "tourists" I am some where in the middle... but if you asked me to stay here permanently I would in a heart beat! Anyway here are a few pics I took from the parade before my camera died lol. Enjoy and remember, Laissez Le Bon Temp Rouler!!!
I took this Saints one for my dear friend Ashley WHO DAT! ;)
The Ocean Springs High School Band :D (Yes, I used to be a band geek)


She doesn't have anymore room on her neck for beads! It looks like you guys had a great time:)
ReplyDeleteHoly Necklaces! hahaha, such a cute picture, looks like you guys had a blast!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! Gotta love some good cajun fun!
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a great time! That photo of your daughter in all of those beads just cracks me up! Loving your new blog design too!
ReplyDelete