Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Trip to Chamblin Bookmine


I think I've mentioned it before but... just in case... Chamblin Bookmine in Jacksonville, FL. Is my FAVORITE book store! This place is AAAHMAZING! They have every kind of book you can think of, from new to old to print to out of print... yes, just when you think that long lost copy of "Little Miss Strange" is out of reach, chamblin will pull through! This place looks amazing too! In short its an organized mess, but that's the novelty of it!

I try to hit this place up at least once while we come to Jacksonville to visit hubb's family. This time I brought some old books to trade it, it wasn't alot because I cherish the books I have but it still helped with buying some new books. In that haul was a particularly cool comic book novel that hub's spotted in the graphic novel section. Its of the early joker comics from 1940-1965! I was completely blown away by the coolness of this book, I seriously just had to have it because of the cover alone!

Pretty sweet eh?

And here's all my haul from the great trade at Chamblin! Two paranormal romance novels by J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series (the only two I am missing in the series) 2 cozy mysteries; Glazed Murder (a doughnut shop mystery) by Jessica Beck and cookie dough or die (a cookie shop mystery) by Virginia Lowell and last but not least a sci-fi/fantasy novel; The way of shadows by Brent Weeks (its the first book in the trilogy) I'm so excited to read all these! And now I finally have a bit more time to get the reading done! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. I want to go there! Of course what would my husband and son do while I spent hours in a bookstore? Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Squid is obsessed with how awesome all of Brent Weeks books are. He LOVES them.lol. PS that bookstore looks unreal! I would love to go there!!

    ReplyDelete