Friday, October 21, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


1. I want to get out of our current housing sitch, I would really love to move back to Florida but hey, that's just not possible right now. We are just dealing with alot of crap right now, and I can't really get into too much of it... sorry :(

2. I have a fun filled weekend planned with the kiddo! Well... after we go back to the corn maze again with the girl scouts.

3. I wish I had more hope & faith this month than all the negativity I feel.

4. I hope for what I hope for every month... that this will be IT!

5. I wonder how many times we will go through this, and if we will ever get there. I'm getting close to trying and really am honestly ready for the break that will happen next year because of the big "D".


Wow! I just realized how depressing my MFF is! Sorry in advance! In other news, I did go to the doctor yesterday. Apparently they are a little concerned about that cyst I have on the right ovary, its been there for months now but its not hindering me just yet, so we have full clearance to go ahead with the meds and try again this month. I am trying to be hopeful. Maybe if I stop hoping it will happen? Wouldn't that be my luck LOL!

I have also been thinking of tattoo designs, yes... I am getting the itch again and what better excuse do I have than while hubby is on his D, in fact... I'm thinking I might get one that is D themed. Thoughts? Ideas? Do any of you have "military dedicated" tattoos? If so comment me and link me up to a pic or an idea. I would be forever greatful... I have a few ideas that I'm tossing around but nothing concrete yet.

We are also going back to the corn maze this weekend. The munchkin's girl scout troop has decided they want to go this weekend instead of going camping. She was a little disappointed that we were not going camping but she is excited to be doing something with her girl scout friends. I might and that's a big MIGHT set up the tent in the back yard this weekend and do some back yard camping on Saturday night. IF I can set it up... we bought this tent about 4 years ago and have never even taken it out of the box! It's HUGE too... it sleeps 8-10 people so, I'm not sure I even have enough room in the enclosed back yard. If I do try to set it up I will take pics to show... promise! I, more than anything want to make smores! We have marshmallows in the pantry and they are just staring at me every time I go in there! Saying come on Jess! Just make us! :D Trouble is... I don't have anything to roast it with... I don't think housing would allow us to dig a fire pit in the back yard and we don't have our little grill anymore (it died in our last PCS). I want to buy one of those nice wrought iron fire pits (ya know, the kind that you have on patios) but let's face it... I cannot justify buying a $80 marshmallow roaster! LOL! Any ideas on how else I can roast marshmallows? I know I can make smores in the oven, microwave, and even by solar power... but its still not the same as having a fire roasted, toasted, marshmallow!

Anyway, have a great weekend! And please do excuse the depression in my questions above... I'll get better, its just a rough patch right now. I promise to stay the same crazy, random, sometimes funny always geeky Jess that you read about :)

5 comments:

  1. We have a wrought iron fire pit, and it's totally worth it. We have friends or family over and sit around it outside, drinking beers and shooting the sh!t. And they are pretty good marshmallow roasters!

    You could probably make microwave s'mores, although it might not be the same.

    Don't worry about the depressing stuff- it's good to let it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody hits rough patches sometimes. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A restaurant around here gave me this great idea for indoor s'mores. I used my fondue setup...I lit the sterno and we roasted the marshmallows over that. It worked wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoooooosh! Crystal you are a genius! Thanks so much for telling me about that, I would have never even thought of using Sterno! We are trying it tonight and hubby says thanks for the idea! I think hes the most excited... the man LOVES marshmallows! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, when i was a kid i used to roast marshmallows on the kitchen stove :)

    ReplyDelete