Saturday, November 19, 2011
Gearing up for Turkey Day!
It's Saturday!!! Sorry I've been lagging in blogging lately... just trying to get it all done in time. We've been busy with Girl Scouts, signing up for my online college classes! (Woohoo!) and running around getting things ready for Thanksgiving! We are going to have a full house for Thanksgiving this year! And I am gonna LOVE it! So far the guest list is as follows; My hubby, My Father-In-Law, My daughter, Me, Tre Airman (we are being "home away from home" sponsers again this year) and for those of you who don't know what that is... you can sign up with the base and sponser Airman to come over and eat a meal with you for the holiday, its a great way to show thanks and give them what they are probably missing most at this time of the year... their family. We did it last year and the girls that we had come over thanked hubby and I personally so much, one even cried because she had never been without her family before during a holiday so that year was especially hard on her. I was thankful that I could ease her heartache just a little. :) And we will have 2 of hubby's friends from work coming over also! So... like I said... a whole house full! So until then, I might be MIA for a few days... getting the house in ship shape and grocery shopping the day way. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can anyone volunteer for that?
ReplyDeleteYeah, I believe so. Check with the base that is near you and give the chaplain a call. Usually they are the ones that sponsors the event. :)
ReplyDelete