Friday, November 25, 2011

A Toothless Thanksgiving!

My little toothless turkey! lol!

Yup, baby girl lost her first tooth! On Thankgiving! I know what you all are thinking... "how dry was my turkey?!" LOL! But she actually lost it even before the turkey went in the oven :) She was just sitting on her poppa's (Grandpa- hubby's dad) lap saying "look poppa, it's really wiggly!" and the next thing I know... out it came! She was so surprised, she didn't even cry or get weirded out when she saw the blood!


We had a great Thanksgiving this year! And I had a lot to be thankful for! The munchkin is thankful that he tooth is gone and that the tooth fairy came! In fact she cometh last night! Apparently little miss tooth fairy had some trouble at the ATM... apparently the ATM doesn't give her cash in increments of $5.00 bills either! So the munchkin ended up with $10.00! Haha! It was well worth it though, when her eye balls nearly exploded at the $10.00 bill she saw hanging on her door this morning! She took it out of her fairy pouch and unfolded it and proclaimed... "I'm RICH!". It's the little thing's ya know?

Yeah, she's gonna play for the Pittsburgh Steelers some day ;)

We also had some special visitors this year for Thanksgiving... two really nice guys that hubby works with and two airman students who are here at Keesler for their tech school and about 2 weeks out of basic! They were very kind and must have thanked me a billion times for everything, but the pleasure was all mine... I love having lots of people to cook for and opening the house up to people when they are too far from their family to go see them for Thanksgiving or to people who might have no where else to go... I can't bare the thought of some one having to eat at the chow hall on a holiday espeically like Thanksgiving! So if I can save a someone or two from that, by golly I will!

We made Turkey and all the fixings we made pies and carrot cake, we watched the game and played a little pig skin of our own in the backyard with the kids, all in all it was great! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving too! :)

The kiddo and two of her bestest friends... at their own little table :)

And the rest of our bunch :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome thanksgiving! your daughter is too cute with her missing teeth..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome. i'm hoping next year we can host a few soldiers.

    ReplyDelete