Merry Christmas blogger friends! This will probably the most I will be posting over the next few days. We've been really busy with all the holiday fun that's going on. My parents are here visiting from Florida so we have been busy hanging out and taking them around. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and see you all in the New Year! Till then I leave you with a Christmas Meme! :D
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hands down... Hot Chocolate! Now that we have our new Keurig, we've been using the crap out of it to make coffee, tea and hot chocolate! It's amazing! It was our Christmas present to each other :) Oh and it also makes ice tea!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Yes, he wraps them. She is still little and I like her still believing in the magic of Santa and everything. I think once you lose that innocence, Christmas just doesn't have quite the same magic to it... So this year they will all be wrapped and placed under the tree on Christmas Eve before she goes to bed and in the morning she will ransack through them! Like the unwrapping tornado she is LOL!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have neither... hubby just refuses to buy lights for a house that we will probably be moving out of in less than 2 years. He wants to wait till we have our own house to buy them. He finds there is no point in buying lights to fit this house and then having to buy more for the next house and having this mismatch... LOL! I think hes just being cheap LOL!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope... it's a nice thought but we don't need mistletoe to kiss. LOL!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually its right after Thanksgiving... mostly on Black Friday, after I've gone shopping.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mine is the ham! OMG! I wait all year just to have Christmas ham! I love it!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? It's been so long its hard to remember... they were all kind of special. I think the best one though is the year my dad came home from being deployed during operation Desert Storm early enough to celebrate Christmas with us.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think it was kindergarten... some fool hearted kid decided to tell everyone... Justin somebody... don't remember his name. I just remember being crushed.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, not usually... because she will want to open hers... and I kind of like doing it on Christmas morning. There's just something about seeing her run down the stairs with these huge wide eyes and a huge smile on her face when the tree is all lit up and there's tons of packages underneath.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ours is a mix of everything. There are lots of handmade ornaments that the kiddo and I have done together... some she has made with girl scouts. Some are antique that my grandmother has given me, that were brought over from Ireland when she came in 1933. Some are just unique little ones I've picked up from different states we live in... I have fleur de lis that I got to represent Biloxi. But I like it all the same... with a bit of everything :)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! If..... I don't have to drive in it or go anywhere in it. Sadly... it doesn't snow here thought.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes! I love it too! I have done it since I was a kid... we had a rink near the city I grew up in and it was awesome! I just haven't done it in a while... so I am probably rusty.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Id probably have to say my first bike! Roxy... yup... that is what I named her... sooooo 80's! LOL
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and friends no matter where you are.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate Pie!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having people (all our friends and family) over for Christmas day dinner. I spread out the big table cloth and let everyone write on it to commemorate the holiday. I do it with Thanksgiving and all the other holidays too.
17. What tops your tree? A silver star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving is better for me... I love getting the perfect gift for the ones I buy for.
19. Candy Canes: I like them, but I'm not crazy about them.
20. Favorite Christmas show? A Christmas Story & Christmas Vacation!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? I'll be home for Christmas...
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby!

Have an awesome Christmas!
ReplyDelete