Thursday, January 12, 2012

All about being a "Millie" Quiz

So I see this military spouse quiz has been floating around the blogging world for a few days now, I'm not sure where it origninated from but I am stealing it and doing it LOL! I stole this one from a friends & fellow "millie's" blog at NH Girl Displaced Check out her blog, she's pretty hilarious and shares my sense of humor :)

How did you and your spouse meet?

Well... actually I've known him most of my life... you see our mom's are friends and pretty much grew up together in Germany. They married our dads and came to the US in the 1970's. We were born in the early 80's and they kept in touch over the years, so him and I would see each other over the summers since we didn't live in the same city. It wasn't always so peachy though, we both were married before and it took us a while to "find" each other again after we grew up but never the less... here we are... happy :)

See... here we are watching tv together on his parents old 1907's couch... the photo is around 1987 I believe.

How old were you when you two met?
In the beginning? We were just babies... later in life when we met up again and started to date we were 22 & 24

How long have you been together?

Since 2006

Where are you and your spouse originally from?

Were both from Florida. He grew up in Jacksonville and I grew up in Ft. Myers.

How did you feel about him joining the military?

He was already enlisted but I needed a change after my marriage to my ex had ended and boy did I get one LOL! To be honest, I was excited... and proud and excited LOL!

Where did your spouse go to Basic Training?

At Lackland AFB where all the Airman go LOL!

Has your spouse ever been deployed?

Yes. Once, his second deployment is coming up soon.

Ever been to his promotion ceremony?

Yes, and I got to "tack" is stripes on... that means the Airforce allows me to actually punch my husband (don't worry, I didn't do it hard) it was pretty awesome! :)

How long have you been a military wife?

Officially... like registered with DEER's... its been 5 years.

Did you marry him before or after he joined?

After

How did your husband propose?

It wasn't really a proposal really... we were just sitting on the floor of our old house in Oklahoma right after the movers came and packed up all our stuff to move us to Georgia and he looked at me and said... "so do you have any plans next week?" and I said; "no, not that I can think of, why?" He said; "well then I think we should go get married" LOL! How romantic right? LOL! It totally caught me off guard ;)

Where did you get married?
Richmond County courthouse in Augusta Georgia :)

How old were you two when you got married?

I was 24 he was 26

Did he wear his uniform on your wedding day?

No, as I recall we both wore jeans t-shirts LOL! I think I even wore flip flops! LOL!

Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?

Keesler AFB, Biloxi, Mississippi

Do you live on base?

No, but we do live in Base Housing... if that makes sense...

How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?

A week... and then he was gone to school for 2 months, it sucked... we had just moved to Georgia and hadn't even unpacked our first apartment (that was pretty much in the ghetto) I had no friends, no family and a 13 month old baby to take care of all by myself. I was pretty much scared out of my mind!

What is your favorite base so far?

I actually like them all for different reasons... mostly the friends we had and the good times we shared.

Does your spouse look good in his uniform?

Um YEAH! Duh! LOL! I like his ABU's better than his dress though ;)

Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life?

I think life is a bit more challenging and complicated but it's life. Everyone has different things to overcome in their lives.

Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent?

Sure... commissary shopping is nice, gas on base is usually cheaper and the CFR does a good job of helping you out when your hubby is gone.

Do you have a lot of military wife friends?

No, other than my military friends on blogger I don't have many. I have a few here and I do mean a small few... it's mostly because the people I live around suck ass. They like to stir up trouble and gossip and I'm just not into that...

What is the hardest part of being a military wife?

I'd have to say the alone times, whither he's gone for two weeks or 6 months it never gets any easier... I always put it this way, if I didn't love you I wouldn't care that your leaving. It's not that I can't handle it on my own its just I prefer to go through life with the one I love by my side every day. Unfortunately being a military wife that is not always an option. The other part that sucks is living in the unknown... you just never know when you might have to move or when a deployment will come up... it kinda sucks. First rule as a mil wife... write down everything in pencil!

Do you own any military wife stuff?

He bought me a silver pendent right after we got married that says air force wife and there is a little silver dog tag that has a heart in the middle that is also on the same chain. I wear it from time to time...

Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?

Of course! Without a doubt! I am proud of my husband no matter what he does and I will always support him in everything he does.

2 comments:

  1. I wear Hubby's dog tags around the house when he's deployed. :)

    Hahaha, I love that you guys were just sitting around and were like, "Hm, let's get married."

    Thanks for mentioning me! You're pretty awesome, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you two got married at the courthouse in jeans and t-shirts...that is awesome! Tom's proposal was similar. I think he said something like "wanna get married?" and I said "ok".

    Oh well, 30 years later we are still together and that is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete