
Well, with a new year... we have started a new challenge... chapter books! YAY! I'm so glad she is finally at the stage where she can focus a little longer in reading. I like that she is reading a level above what they are required also. She still has trouble with words and needs my help a lot but I know it will be for the best! I am so excited about the books she chose too! The boxcar children books were probably my favorite in 3rd grade! I can't beleive she can actually read them... she is so much smarter than I was at her age, but I guess that is the point... isn't it? To want your child to be better than you and excel at everything they do. I am so proud of her! Now, I just have to make my long but distinguished book list for this year, I completed my challenge of 30 books in 2011 and I hope to do at least that many this year as well. I still have one Black Dagger Brotherhood book to read, and a few mystery books in my collection left to read as well. I also want to try to read a few more of the "popular" books that will be coming out this year too. What will you be reading this year? Have you made your list yet?
Sometimes I wish a had a girl because the book selection is so much better! Finding books boys are interested in is hard! I have a ton of books I want to read this year - but the one I'm waiting for the most comes out in May. Congrats on reaching your goal!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading with my boys when they were young...we really enjoyed all the classics.
ReplyDeleteI have a few books on my reading list and already downloaded several of them on Kindle for PC. And am excited to get to reading!
Yes I made my list, I know you've read it, lol :) I'm glad you made your goal, I was no where near mine!
ReplyDeleteMy son started reading before he was 5. He always loved it. Since last year (4th grade) its been like pulling teeth to try and get him to read. The only thing he wants to read is Diary of a Wimpy kid. He won't give anything else a chance. I agree with the statement above, girl selection is easier! lol