
Happy Mardi Gras Everyone! Whether you are in the heart of NOLA or across the nation... Happy Fat Tuesday! Mardi Gras is a HUGE deal down here... I can't stress how big a deal it is or how fun a time it is down here... the kids are out of school (in our district for three days) most people are off of work (my hubby is not though... apparently the Air Force doesn't share the same sense of fun or holiday as the rest of people down here lol) and there are parades and food galore! All in all, its a great time and fun experience... This is our third year celebrating it and enjoying all the fun that comes along with it too. Since the munchkin is off of school this morning we've been watching the NOLA parades on T.V., Baking a king cake, Reading "Mimi's first Mardi Gras" -- her favorite book this time of year, and making masks to play with! I've got Gumbo in the crock pot and I'll be picking up a loaf of fresh french bread for dinner tonight! I might not have been born Cajun but I am learning to how to be one! :)


We celebrated with pancakes like we did back in Russia...but maybe next year I will try to make some gumbo! Enjoy all of the festivities!
ReplyDelete