Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Daddy Came In The Mail Yesterday


Ha! Don't I wish... If that title were true to the exact words I would be ecstatic! If only it were really that easy LOL! What I really meant was... our daddy doll came in the mail yesterday. When hubby had gone in to have his deployment breifing sometime before he left, I also had a briefing with the Airman & Family Readiness Center on base, they gave me LOTS of good tips, signed me up with their monthly newsletter of free stuff for us deployed spouses and families to do on and off base, they even gave us "Play Passes" which are a new and GREAT concept! --I'll get to that part in a little bit. Among all the great info was a pamphlet about "Daddy Dolls" and the "Operation Hug a Hero" project. These dolls are AMAZING! I went online the week that hubby left and ordered one for munchkin straight away... all I had to do was upload a full length picture of hubby and they take care of the rest! It takes a while for them to make it and then it take a bit to make it through the mail system but after that, its instant smiles! We got ours in the mail last night and she hasn't left "daddy" out of her sight since! I'd let her take it to school with her today but sadly I don't think school would let her keep it with her. She doesn't go to a DoD school which is a shame... because this public school doesn't understand what its like to be a military child, despite being in a big enough military town. Alas, I told her "daddy" will be right here waiting for her when she gets home from school and ready for lots of love and hugs. I can tell already just within the last 12 hours that having this little piece of her dad has raised her morale 100% and made deployment that much easier to get through. So, if you have a little one and your hubby is or will be deploying soon... I HIGHLY recommend getting one of these dolls. Check our your A&FRC or FRG and see if they offer a voucher coupon to get one for free first, but if they don't have no fear... they are really easy to order and not all that expensive. So far, it's been worth every penny to have a little bit of "homeland security" for her.

She started to tear up just a little when I took him out of the box.

But then started to cheer up a little when she thought of all the cool places we can take "daddy", woohoo! Can you say road trip?! lol! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment