Saturday, August 18, 2012

From Peru with Love!!!


While hubby was deployed to Peru... yeah, don't ask what he did there... and before you can say "oh that sounds like a vacation" or "oh, that's an easy one"... let me tell you right off... it wasn't.
It was very remote and I honestly believe the guys in the sandbox have more support on their missions than my hubby did lol! Aside from playing commando in the amazon, he did bring me back some awesome trinkets that I wanted to share with you guys! I was just happy to have him home again, but I was elated that he thought of me and actually had time to shop. Although, I'm not sure if a bunch of mud huts and woven amazon leaves constitutes as a "mall" (lol) but these are still neat, and from a part of the world my heart has grown fond of.


Silver is pretty popular there, and mined a lot. Hubby had this made for me by one of the silversmiths, Te Amo means Love You in Spanish, just in case you didn't know. I love it and wear it all the time now.

A beautiful painting done by a local artist of the area he got to "visit" while not in his remote location. So beautiful! And one of my favorite art pieces in my collection. It now hangs in our bedroom after I bought a frame for it last week.

A beautiful pendent he brought back from a Moche temple/tomb he went to visit. The blue stones in layed in the crest are made from Chrysocolla and were the sacred stone of the Moche people, its also made of solid gold and was a crest to the tomb of El Señor de Sipán. It is also one of the most important archeological digs in the last 30 years, and well known since it was one of the few that were still intact when discovered! Going here was a something special he got to do while being in the country.

To say the least, I have learned that Peru is very interesting and the people of Peru are good hearted and sincere. Hubby tells me his time in Peru has made him greatful for all we have, humbled him in what we take for granted and made his heart that much bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment