Monday, March 18, 2013

Update-Update... Read All About It!

Woah!!! I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while... for the record I have been crazy busy LOL! A lot has happened since I've last blogged too... Mardi Gras was pretty awesome this year, I'd have to probably say it was one of the best Mardi Gras I've had down here, mostly because my mom was here she came and we helped her celebrate her birthday Cajun style! We went to a lot of parades and then took her on her last trip to NOLA. We spent the day touring the garden distric (something I've been wanting to do since I moved here) and for those of you that don't know the garden distric is very different from the French Quarter you see on tv. It is mostly made up of these great big antebellum homes complete with Roman and Grecian columns... picture "Gone with the Wind". They also have huge porches and gardens where the Magnolias and Azaleas bloom as far as the eye can see. After we walked around and took a bunch of pictures we strolled through Audubon Park and walked under the canopy of the majestic oaks to find ourselves at St. Charles street, where we then rode the street car down to the FQ for some lunch. It was truly an amazing day and I'm glad we could spend it with mom.

Since mom's return home we've been "moved focused" and have been online picking out houses, getting pre approved for a loan, looking at school districts and packing packing packing!!! Hubby is taking the job in Reston and we are looking to buy a house about 20-30 minutes from there in Leesburg, Ashburn or Purcellville. I've been on the phone with our real estate agent almost weekly and she e-mails me the latest houses which we then have put into a spreadsheet to have for when we get up there to go house hunting. It's exciting to think in less than 30 day's we will be living some place new again and discovering all new things. I'm more than elated to get this show on the road and get there already LOL! I am also more than thrilled to get these boxes out of my living room and into the PODS container already!!! My living room looks crazy and I have to remind myself constantly that this clutter is only temporary LOL! Well that's about all for now, I'll update again soon. In the mean time... enjoy my "view" from where I type this (the couch) LOL!

I really am starting to think that the equivalent of packing up your house is like playing tetris in real life LOL!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait to see what is in store for you guys next! :)

    ReplyDelete