Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Home Sweet Home... Finally

Sorry for the delay in details... and to have left you all hanging. It's been crazy busy here for us. So as you can guess from the title of this post we are in the midst of "new home owner heaven"! Our loan was approved earlier this month and we closed on our house on May 10th. We've been moving stuff in and moving stuff around and unpacking like crazy ever since! It's still not ALL done yet but we've got most of it under control. It's huge and lovely and it feels so nice just knowing it's all yours! Having military base housing for the past 7 years really can make you appreciate having your own home and realizing you can do what you want with it is even more priceless! It's a bit awkward at first because you hesitate at throwing away those cardboard boxes or your tv box or your crock pot box, and then you realize this is it! Final destination found! No more moving!... yes, you really can throw that box out LOL! Along with that goes... yes, go ahead... nail that picture to the wall... remember you won't have to worry about the hole until you take it down to change the theme not to move! Or... it's ok... go pick out that paint color... you can paint whatever you want now... no more standard issue military white walls! It's a new found glory I tell ya! The neighborhood is amazing too, It's only 14 houses but we have found our neighbors to be really amazingly nice and very welcoming. About two weeks ago we went out for dinner because we had such a long day of emptying our pack rat container and we came home to find a pretty flower arrangement and a card sitting by our front door. It turns out it was from our neighbors right next door to us, they just wanted to welcome us to the neighborhood, along with the flowers was a gift card from the family for home depot. I thought to myself how incredibly nice of them! I don't know people who even do stuff like that anymore! I feel like I should go bake cookies for everyone and go door to door with them (and I might just do that after I find my baking stuff!) Everyone we've met so far has been very nice and very friendly, and it's so great to finally live somewhere where you actually love your house, have neighbors that care and look out for you and feel welcomed. We have been truly blessed!

And because I know you all want to see it... I'll post some pics of the house here for you... Welcome to our home! :)

On the day of our closing! May 10th 2013!
Come on in y'all.
Flower bed in near the front steps.

Living Room

Living Room

Formal Living Room

Formal Living Room

Foyer

Main Floor Bath

Library (Oh yeah.... can't believe I have my own place to read!!! In Nerd Girl Heaven!)

Formal Dining Room

Leading into the kitchen from the dining room.

Kitchen (please excuse the mess)

Kitchen (and hubby hard at work)

Kitchen 

Kitchen

Kitchen


Hall (Stairs to the right lead to upper level and stairs to the right lead to lower level and garage)
Laundry room

Hall/Work Center

Guest Bedroom 1 of 2

The kiddos room!

Jack and Jill bathroom

Hallway

View from guest room # 2

Hall leading to master bedroom

Master bedroom

Master bath shower

My favorite... Master bath with spa tub!

My vanity... don't worry he has one too... LOL!

The kiddo checking our "mommy's swimming pool" tub LOL!

Basement/Rec room

Basement/Rec room



Living room fire place.

Kitchen

Mud room/ Garage area 


So there you have it! I'll update with more pics as we move stuff in and decorate a bit more. Hope you've enjoyed the tour! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your new home! (Your box comment cracked me up...I can't wait to throw away my sewing machine, bluray, tv, printer box, etc....HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I love it so much! Proof that being patient and busting your ass pays off.
    Your posts always help me realize that things may be crazy now, with all the college and moving around, but soon, we will be settled into our dream home as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Super nice house, congrats to you and your famil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Super nice house, congrats to you and your famil!

    ReplyDelete