 |
| Our read together stack. |
It's that time again... the days are hot and long and the kiddo is out of school (finally!) and we are kicking off our summer reading with a big bang! I am hoping to get through most of these books that I have on our list at least by mid July, early August. The kiddo doesn't have to go back to school till the first week in September, which to me seems like a long time for summer but apparently it's pretty normal up here lol! I am thankful for her improved reading skills this year, it seems ever since we've moved up here her reading has become ten times better than it was when we lived in Biloxi. I praise her school for that of course, they have 100 times more patients with the kids, they give them realistic goals to achieve and praise the kids ever step of the way no matter how small of a step it is. She has truly enjoyed her new school and enjoyed reading again.
 |
| Her stack of read all by myself books. That I will add to a little at a time. |
I have divided her stack of books into two categories this summer; one stack is for her to read by herself or with minimal help and the other is for us to read together. I love the fact that she is wanting to read on her own, she still comes to me whenever she gets stuck on a word but for the most part she can get through the 2 year readers all by herself! I am also excited to share some of my favorites with her from when I was a kid like; the goosebumps series (shes recently become obsessed with the tv show since its now on netflix) and the boxcar children a classic I adored! We've also got a few new ones we've picked on sale at Barnes and Nobles to add to our growing library, like "The Whizz Pop Chocolate Shop" which is about two kids who make candy as a superhero power in London England... even I'm excited to read this one! And also, "Catch the Bouquet" the first in the English Roses series written by Madonna!
 |
| And a few of my own for some summer reading :) |
I also have a few stacks of books to get through before the summer ends which of course are my favorite mysteries, there have been so many new ones coming out lately I have a hard time keeping up with them all! What are you and your kiddos reading this summer? I would love to hear your suggestions also! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment