Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Heartland Home Foods and A Recipe!


What my freezer looks like after it's fully stocked from Heartland Home Foods
Wow! I can't believe it's been February since I've blogged about something! So sorry I've been MIA for a while... Seems about right though. February was when I started going back to school (again) and well, most of my free time is stuck on doing research and writing papers for class. Hard work is paying off though and I am about done with my history class and so far so good... I've scored an "A"! Yeah baby! In the mean time we've been crazy busy as ever...

What my shopping for the week now looks like!
 Recently we started taking our health into great consideration. A few months back we went to a home & garden show here in the DMV and came across a really wonderful company called: Heartland Home Foods. They are a company that has been selling all natural and organic products in our area for over 30 years! All of their meats are 100% natural and organic. Their poultry has no hormones or antibiotics injected in it. Everything is portion controlled and comes vacuum sealed right to your front door! I now can go "shopping" in my basement in my giant freezer anytime I want! Best of all... everything and I mean EVERYTHING tastes amazing! My favorites so far have been the steaks, lemon peppered (per-marinaded) chicken breasts, and the salmon! I also made this amazing recipe of Rootbeer (yes, Rootbeer!) glazed pork chops! My hubby and my kiddo love it so much, they want them done in Rootbeer every time now! LOL!

Beef Tips, Stir Fry Veggies & Rice!
 Not only do they offer the meats but they also have fruits, veggies and just about any kind of grocery item you need. They have already saved me a ton on laundry soap, peanut butter, paper towels, dishwasher soap, pasta, shampoo etc.

Lemon Peppered Chicken & Stir Fry Veggies!
 I can't tell you what a difference using heartland has made all around. Hubs and I both have lost at least 10 pounds so far, and it's all just from portion control, eating healthier foods, and taking walks in the evening after dinner. He has had to put two extra holes in his belt just to keep his pants up lately! It's amazing! Even my kiddo now will eat her plate clean veggies and all! The food just tastes that good!
Sirloin Beef Medallions & Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes! 
 This is not a sponsored or prompted post at all, I just truly love Heartland Home Food and can't stress how eating healthy has changed our lives recently! I feel so much better both physically and mentally for providing my family with better health! If you are in the area though, do check them out they are really amazing and caring company and their food is awesome! If your not and you would still want to check out a company that is similar that might be in your area you can always go to the All Natural Food Council of North America and check out their affiliated members at the top of the page. From there you should be able to find a company in your area that also meets the same requirements as Heartland.
Spicy Baja Citrus Shrimp & Rice!

And of course I have posted my families favorite new recipe down below... Rootbeer Glazed Pork Chops, so simple to make and you will be blown away at the taste!

Rootbeer Glazed Pork Chops & Diced Baby Carrots!
Marinade pork chops for 2 hours in Rootbeer
Pat dry and sprinkle with salt.
Then add to grill or brown in frying pan.
Then in another frying pan, add 1 bottle of Rootbeer, 1 beef stock,
1/2 cup brown sugar, Chipolte seasoning, and Worchester sauce.
Then simmer and reduce by 75% to the consistency of maple syrup, add rosemary
and serve over pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment