Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dinner and a Letterbox

So yesterday we went out for our traditional Friday night dinner. We decided to try something new and go down to The Ole Biloxi Schooner. I have to say I absolutely LOVED this place. I could tell as soon as we walked in it was a "locals" kinda spot. We walked in and just about every head in the place turned in our direction, people looking to see if its someone they knew. While eating, 3 seperate groups of people walked in at different times and yet they still all knew each other. It was cute to watch them and over hear their conversations of "Oh yeah Betty you know thats Jakes boy Steven. Yup hes all grown up now has 2 kids of his own, his wife is Laura and is J.J.'s little sister." I truly miss that, coming from a small town myself. The food was wonderful and the prices were unbeatable. He had the seafood platter which was fried fish, jumbo fried shrimp, fried oysters, stuffed crab, hushpuppies, fries and a small salad for $9.95! I had the jumbo fried shrimp platter with fries and a salad and little muchkin had the popcorn shrimp & fries. We all had very full and happy bellies from dinner.

After we were done with dinner, I decided to go letterboxing (www.atlasquest.com for those of you that dont know what it is) for one called The Mad Potter. The clue states that the box is located in a cement planter box in front a book shop in the Charles Redding building, where Howard St. meets the street that is named after the Mad Potter. Now there are 4 planter boxes in that location. Two of which are directly in front of the store front window and 2 that are located East of the front window. Ive search all 4 and couldnt find the box anywhere. Ive searched the planter box thats right where the street signs connect and has a poster of what looks like a man on it thoroughly but still found no such box. Im thinking the box has been compromised in the hands of muggles. I wrote a message to the planter and am awaiting a reply, until then this letterbox shall remain a mystery. So in the meantime Im thinking of good spots to plant my own.

Heres a pic of me finding a letter box while we live in Augusta, GA. This one is from Fort Discovery, which was incredibly hard to get to without being caught by someone whos watching. Its in a high traffic muggle area. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment