Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No Nonsense and a Nook

I start my CNA class next Monday, kinda nervous seeing how its been 10 years since I set foot in a classroom. Last month when I went down to the JD campus to register and have a look around, I felt like I was back in high school. This feeling was confirmed when I saw a young couple smooching the lips off each other next to a vending machine and two guys flinging food back and forth to each other in the small'ish size cafeteria. At that point I literally said "Im too old for this shit". Regardless Im going to press on and show up for my class on Monday morning with an open mind and hopes of having a somewhat normal classmates seeing how this is a "continuing education course" and not just a regular college class. Im kinda nervous cause I dont know where the class is actually at and I still havent gotten my clearance from Biloxi Regional... I called today to find out what is going on but all I got was an answering machine. Im hoping they are just out to lunch and that they'll call me back in a bit with some good news.

So in other news, our Nooks from Barnes & Nobles arrived yesterday and I love it already! I spent pretty much all yesterday afternoon searching the BN website for e-books and adding some to my wishlist. I also downloaded 5 free e-books. The freebees I got are: Cain's Apples by Bryan Lee, Already Dead by Charlie Huston, My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent, and Dead(ish) by Naomi Kramer which Im currently reading and find to be hilarious in a dark comedy sorta way. I also love that its written with alot of U.K. slang. Books that I currently have on my wishlist are: Petal Pusher by Laurie Lindeen, Hairstyles of the Damned by Joe Meno, Pop Salvation by Lance Reynald, Breathers by S.G. Browne, Plague of the Dead by Z.A. Recht, Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, Dear John by Nicholas Sparks and Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton. I also love the fact that I can add personal pdf files on my nook (like my good friend's soon to be book) and also add music to listen to while I read. The lending book part is just an added plus in my opinion too, just need to find someone that reads as much as I do in about the same genres or at least has an open mind. lol.

Personal pdf. documents folder with friends book inside titled "Violet Moon"-- remember that shes gonna be famous soon! :)

Figured I'd show you size comparison between nook and regular size of rolling stone magazine. (BTW, doesnt John Mayer look (to quote Mr. Ned Flanders) Scrum-Diddly-Umptus! on this cover!!??)

Upon start up...

Home screen...

And touch screen of my library with book covers.

And speaking of the nook, I have been busy crafting away with an idea that came to me after searching for something to cover my nook with and finding that they sell covers for about $50.00 a pop! I literally said "To hell with that shit" and decided I could make my own, and so I did and for probably an 1/8 of the cost! After making a few of these, I decided to make some bookmarks for a few friends that havent ordered their nooks just yet (There all waiting for me to try it out and give them the review on it before they commit to buying LOL!) But anyway here they are in true geek-ness!

I even made a Chuck sleeve for the him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment