Its Friday and I can say this… officially. Its been a SLOW week! And Ive been busy! How annoying is that? Funny though, I can’t remember what Ive done. I know I feel exhausted and this weekend is not gonna let up at all. Im just glad I got all the laundry done, which really says nothing at all because Im sure Im gonna have a shit ton to do before leaving on Wednesday. :P
Today was good, yet annoying. I had a play-date kid thingy to go to, it was set up by one of the spouses in squadron. She has a side business of bounce houses and bouncy slides and stuff and she set that up for the kids, which was awesome and ordered us all pizza’s at only 2 bucks a pop. It was all good until the munchkin got a bit overwhelmed. She doesn’t do too good in big crowds, especially big crowds of other kids. So yeah not the most fun when you have a whiney, bratty, clingy kid stuck to you crying and pestering you every 5 seconds. That was the annoying part.
Other than that not too much going on today. Her school progress is going well, we do workbook stuff, flashcards, color, read in English and at least one of these languages; Spanish, French, Japanese, German, or Portuguese everyday. And Tuesday I have started to adopt sign language as another tool in her education. Im definitely flexing my geek muscles. The workbooks usually go over her thinking skills, matching, colors, letters, writing her name, shapes, time, and math. Yes, even math… Ive started her on simple addition and subtraction. And I feel good about it, shes growing and the progress improves with each day. Reading is become effortless shes recognizes simple words like Go, To, At, The…etc. I feel very accomplished when it comes to the amount of time and effort I’m putting in considering the results.
Anyway… up next for tomorrow is a cook out and pool time with friends. Saturday its the squadron “Easter Egg Hunt” and brunch. And Sunday I’ll be cooking for that thing they call Easter lol! Funny how we don’t really celebrate it for its intended purpose but I will still take it as an excuse to cook for the people I like. LOL.
Oh and just one more thing, I wish people would stop randomly asking me to allow them to follow me on twitter, its totally annoying! We have nothing in common! Why would I want to accept you, so you can just lurk about my tweets?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment