Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday (because I cant come up with an interesting title)

Hubs made it to Florida ok. Kinda was worried a tinsy bit seeing how he had a connection in Charlotte, NC. and how Earl was well on its way to that neck of the woods, but he ended up being fine. He missed his 6am flight, mostly because of me. I thought and hour before his flight would surely be sufficient, but apparently not according to the check in ladies of U.S Airways. :P So they booked him on a 10am flight from Biloxi to Charlotte and then left Charlotte at 2:45 and getting into Orlando at around 4:25. I think Joanna was glad he came and I think he is also grateful to have went. The viewing was around 9 this morning and the services followed at around 10. I think laying Jim to rest helped the hubs a bit, gave him some peace. He was given the honor of being a pallbearer and I was glad he wore his blues, I think Jim would have appreciated seeing him like that. I just wish I could be there with him, I know hes struggling now and I think its all sinking in for him, I feel bad I just want to be there by his side, hold his hand and let him know its ok to feel. Hes not one to show his emotions at all, so very typical of the "military man" but deep down I know how he is and I know how hes feeling. I know it will all come out eventually but in his own time. He told me that Joanna, the family and him are going out tonight for dinner probably wings and beer like Jim would have wanted. I smiled at that, because that was Jims way...

Ive tried to keep my mind busy today with cleaning and picking up the house and laundry. Mom and Dad should be here soon, I talked to them about noon'ish and they were rounding Pennsacola so it shouldn't be too much longer. I know the munchkin cant wait till they get here, she has been bugging me about when her "Omi and Papap" are gonna get here! Shes so excited. BTW... Omi is kinda Southern German slang for Oma which means Grandma in German and Papap is just what my dad's side of the family has always called the Grandpa's.

No comments:

Post a Comment