Monday, October 4, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 1

So I have been introduced to 30 days of Me by a fellow blogger Christina at Christina's Crazy World. She is also doing the 30 days of Me challenge. I figured what better way for you guys to get to know me than this!... and since I never made a formal introduction, I decided this might be a little perfect. So without further ado..



Day 1: Favorite Song

This I HAVE to amend... because I cannot come up with just one song. I'm not a one song person... I love music, music is the key to my emotions. There are different song that mean different things and make me feel different ways for each one of them.

I like songs that make me feel, one that comes to mind is Broken by Seether feat. Amy Lee. I have always loved this song, it describes a very hard time in my life and I could relate to the lyrics very easily.

One song I have been very emotional over lately is Nickleback's If today was your last day. This song came on the radio the day after one of my best friends passed away just last month and it has never held more meaning for me until that day. If Jim could have given any last advice it would be to live without regret, love with all your heart, and take the path less traveled... because this is all there is Jess.. who you are in this life is who you'll ever be, so make the most of this time on earth. Jim was one of the best people I've ever known and I count him among my stars at night now. I hope to see him again someday.

I also like music I can just cut loose too, songs that I can "shake it" to and as they say "dance like no one is watching" ooh yeah... cause I so WILL bust out the sprinkler... LOL! Those songs as of lately include... artists like 3Oh!3, Katy Perry, Nelly, Taio Cruz, etc.

I hold a very soft spot in my heart for the band Journey... its because of my Mom. It was our first concert we ever went to together, and it was the moment we built the bridge of common. The moment where I stopped being a perpetual teenage punk and start seeing my mom as my best friend.

And on that note I also share a love for Aerosmith, The Stones, Zepplin and other "classic rock" bands... and that is a big thanks to dad. Although I am starting to see recently that some of the bands I grew up on are being played on classic rock radio stations... Oy vay!

I also love the works of Linkin Park (the new stuff is sloooooowly growing on me, and the jury is still out as to which I love the new album or not) and Metallic, Megadeath, Pantera, and Tool.

And lets not forget sweet techno, like: Crystal Meth, DJ Z Trip (Espcially Walking Dead feat. Chester Bennington (YUM!), Scooter, Schiller, and Orbital (Especailly Halycon) which of course will always make me think of mine an the hubbers first date. ;)

Then there is my love for the classics... favorite oldie song of all time... Ben E. King's Stand By Me. Bobby Fuller's I fought the law, The Righteous Brothers You've lost that loving feeling and of course Elvis's Jailhouse Rock and all of Johnny Cash!

Seeing how I am a child of the 80's I cannot hide that I also love the music from this era.. Yes, bring on Madonna, Eddie Money, Bruce Springsteen, U2, Mister Mister, Tears for Fears, Roxette, Def Leopard, Bon Jovi, The Cure, Billy Idol, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, and Blondie!

And last but not least... Long Live Punk Rock and Rockabilly!!! I love the works of The Ramones (Sheena Is a Punk Rocker was like my theme song all through high school!) , The Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop, Drop Kick Murphy's, Flogging Molly, The Clash, Horror Pops, Racing for Pinks (Local Band) Hell Cat and the Prowl and I completely and utterly adore the Cry Baby soundtrack.... oh please Mr. Jailer!


So there you have it folks... the soundtrack to my life, and that's just a slice of it ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I loved reading this post, lol. I like Linkin Park, but mainly their old stuff. Journey is a fav of mine too because of my dad. He raised us up on the oldies but goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have never though of myself as a writer, and I am far and away from being a good one but... I think I am evolving just wee bit LOL!

    ReplyDelete