
What ever tickles my fancy:
I LOOOOOOVE food... if I haven't made that clear... and if there is one thing I love more than just food its, food from all over the world! I am incredibly thankful to Air Force for sending us to Fort Gordon, Georgia... not because it was heaven on earth (because it most certainly wasn't... no, no we all know that's Hawaii LOL!) but because I have made the best friends there... my best friend, who just also happen to be my back door neighbor (and trust me at 2am that was incredibly convenient) also happens to be Cuban! She is an amaaaaaaazing cook and I could eat her food everyday, all day and weight 400 pounds and be completely happy LOL! One thing she taught me how to make was Picadillo, which is my favorite out of all her dishes and thankfully for me is easy to make! Whenever I'm missing her and the family (because were at the point were we feel like were related) and trust me I miss them ALOT, I just make us some Picadillo and some Plantain chips. Today is one of those days... Its been crazy busy around here lately and I need some comfort food. :)
So how do I make said scrumptious food you wonder? Like theeeeeese....
(yes, theeeeeese... because when your making Cuban food you need to speak in an accent! LOL!)

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion chopped (I like to use scallions)
2-3 garlic cloves chopped
1 small can (plain) tomato sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine
Pimento stuffed Olives (I love olives so I use the whole jar)
and then I add more pimentos :D
2 packets of Goya Sazon Seasoning
1 pair of Spanish Chorizo cut up
1/2 a small bushel of fresh cilantro
I also like to make salsa for my plantains and this recipe is really the shiz!

(yes, theeeeeese... because when your making Cuban food you need to speak in an accent! LOL!)

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion chopped (I like to use scallions)
2-3 garlic cloves chopped
1 small can (plain) tomato sauce
1/4 cup dry white wine
Pimento stuffed Olives (I love olives so I use the whole jar)
and then I add more pimentos :D
2 packets of Goya Sazon Seasoning
1 pair of Spanish Chorizo cut up
1/2 a small bushel of fresh cilantro
In a large skillet brown meat adding onions and garlic.
Once meat is browned turn down to medium low, Add tomato sauce and the wine.
Add olives (its ok if the some of the brine gets in) pimentos, Goya Sazon seasoning, Spanish Chorizo and let simmer for until mixture is mostly dry.
Serve over fluffy white rice with black beans or use for Pastelitos!
I also like to serve this with fresh plantain chips which are also pretty easy to make
Once meat is browned turn down to medium low, Add tomato sauce and the wine.
Add olives (its ok if the some of the brine gets in) pimentos, Goya Sazon seasoning, Spanish Chorizo and let simmer for until mixture is mostly dry.
Serve over fluffy white rice with black beans or use for Pastelitos!
I also like to serve this with fresh plantain chips which are also pretty easy to makejust slice up (very thinly) 2 plantains and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown. Salt to liking.
I also like to make salsa for my plantains and this recipe is really the shiz!
If you want to make a lot of it, I recommend using a whole pineapple but since its just us 3 I use the a can of crushed pineapple.
Heat olive oil over medium heat add 2/3 cup of red onion stir 3-4 mins. just until soften not browned. Add 2 table spoons of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of red bell pepper stir for 1 minute to combine. Remove from heat add pineapple, 2 table spoons fresh cilantro, 2 table spoons fresh lime juice and stir to combine. Its best if you make it ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge so all the ingredients blend together... oh its so good!
Heat olive oil over medium heat add 2/3 cup of red onion stir 3-4 mins. just until soften not browned. Add 2 table spoons of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of red bell pepper stir for 1 minute to combine. Remove from heat add pineapple, 2 table spoons fresh cilantro, 2 table spoons fresh lime juice and stir to combine. Its best if you make it ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge so all the ingredients blend together... oh its so good!

No comments:
Post a Comment