
Whatever tickles my fancy:
Whatever tickles my fancy eh? LOL... that could be dangerous... ;) ok, ok... we wont go there (just yet). But since I was just talking about tattoos yesterday. How would you like to see them? Oh, you would? GREAT! cause that's what this post is all about! ;) I personally love tattoos... I think I speak for alot of tattooed people when I say "they are art and we are the canvas". I love looking at them, I like going to conventions about them... and your always surprised by the people who have them... like the last time I went in to get tattooed and the person who was getting inked by my artist was an 83 year old lady...ZOMG! Rock on! ;) One thing I absolutely cannot tolerate is prejudice against them... like in the work place for example. Before becoming a stay at home mom, I used to (and have always) worked in the medical field and as most medical professionals know, tattoos usually must be covered. I cannot stand that! I get it... I totally understand if you don't want your x-ray done by this guy....

Sheesh! But to make the majority of us "cover up" one or two or of our exposing tattoos or even a full sleeve is ridiculous! So long as were not looking like Mr. Cool over there. LOL!
So below are mine and yes, I plan on getting more... how many? or as my husband likes to put it... "when are you gonna stop?" (not because he doesn't like them on me... he just knows how expensive they are) the answer to that is... I dunno... I'll stop when Im ready or have run out of things I want to remember permanently. So yeah, here goes and hope you enjoy the show.
# 1... my cherry popper so to speak ;) Done at Pleasures of the Flesh in Florida. Its the crest of the city I was born in (Heilbronn, Germany) and also where my mom and our family is from. I got because Im proud to be German... took me along time to not be afraid of that, especially when I went through a majority of my childhood being called "Nazi Kid". I also got it to remind me of where I come from and where a part of my heart will always be.
# 2 Veritas & Aequitas... means truth and justice in Latin... two words I believe in very strongly. EVERYONE asks if I got it because of Boondock Saints. No... not exactly, I mean I do love the movie but not that much. I got it because of the words literally. Without truth justice will fail and within real justice lies the truth. ;) This was done by first amendment in Oklahoma City (while we were stationed at Tinker AFB) Oklahoma. Did you know that Oklahoma was a dry ink state for 4 decades? Yup, that's right it was illegal to tattoo someone in the state of Oklahoma unless if was medical purposes and given by a doctor, up until 2007. Guess who just got lucky ;)
# 3 & 4 (Got them both together) Freshly inked, Freshly glossed, and Fresh outta the wrapper!Oooh and just look at that prickly skin! LOL! Who said tattoos never hurt? Actually I never really felt it hurt until I got my lower back done... even the one I got on my stomach just made me giggle... yeah, seriously. The lower back though, ooh watch out! NERVE CITY! Anyway... these 2 are representatives for my loves, my husband on my back with the bat symbol and the tribal heart around it. (Yes, he considers himself to be Batman in alot of ways) and the bottom pic is for my daughter. The girl is Harley Quinn (from the DC comics), which is her middle name sake. The baby blocks Harley Quinn sits on has her initials inside them. These were both done at Studio 13 in Augusta, Georgia and while we were stationed at Fort Gordon, Army Post and were both drawn by yours truly.
# 5 (Hey! Im half way to 10 now!) A matching tattoo with my mom. Because I always wanted to get one done with her and one that matched. My mom and I are so close and I hate being away from her with this military lifestyle. Shes my best friend... and I miss her everyday Im away from her... So I have this butterfly on me that reminds me that she is always with me as am I with her. What will my next be? I haven't quite decided on it just yet. But I do know I would like it in Sailor Jerry style! I have always loved that style and its one I haven't got yet. :)
I like looking at tattoos as well. But in my opinion, people like that guy you pictured, go overboard. I think they should look classy, not trashy, lol.
ReplyDeleteI do like yours though. Love the batman one! I'd say it's my fav that you pictured.