Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Halloween Crafty-Ness & Premeditated Murder!

I went thrifting today (shopping at the thrift store) if you like thriftiness like I do and are lucky enough to have an "American Thrift Store" near you that you haven't been to yet, I urge you to check it out. I love this store and can ALWAYS find what Im looking for in there! For CHEEEEEAP! And with my thriftiness I decided to craft up a Halloween Candelabra!


So here we have the parts (minus the base which was an old round top candle holder.. sorry forgot to include it in the pic before pic) to make said candelabra... the green glass votive was actually 1 of 4 and I got them for $1.00. The sconce you see, I bought for .79 cents, the mardi Gras Beads I had left over from this past February and was glad to see my hoarding went to good use! The round top candle holder (thats not pictured) was $1.50. I also bought mini plastic skulls, some silk fall colored leaves and a small black crow to hot glue to the center which was $1.00 each at the dollar tree.

I hot glued the old sconce to old round top candle holder that I used as the base. I then spray painted it all over with one of my many cans of black spray paint and covered the ugly lumpy hot glue parts with the silk fall leaves. I hot glued the crow and the skulls to the middle of the base, draped the old Mardi Gras beads and attached the votives to the sconce.

And Walah!...

Now I have a beautiful Candelabra to adorn my table for Halloween and Murder Mystery Party Night.


The crow I dubbed Edgar ;) "Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary."

The other night the hubbers and I have decided we are doing it this year... we are throwing a Halloween bash! I can hardly wait! We have also decided to host a Murder Mystery with the party. If any of you have ever hosted or been to one before then you know how much fun this is, and for those of you who have never been to one before, I HIGHLY recommend throwing one or going to one. They are SOOOOO much fun. We started going to them while the hubs and I were stationed at our old base; Fort Gordon, Army Post in Georgia and had some of the best times! In fact we had so much good fun, we started throwing them ourselves!

Heres a few pics to enlighten you as to how much fun and laughs you can have with these parties!


The very first murder mystery party the hubs and I were invited to... The "Sour Grapes of Wrath" were I played a psychologist and hubs played the ever so sexy and hilarious "Enrique the Farm Hand".

Holy 80's! Yes this was a 80's style murder mystery! It was awesome... hubs played "Chris-Kick-Ass Karate" and I was LaDonna...


Hubs and I as "Chris-Kick-Ass-Karate" and LaDonna

This was the one we threw... Rockin 50's! And by far the best yet!

I cant wait to see how this one goes, this year's will be 'halloween themed" and I am already starting to collect an decorate for it!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! I have never been to one of those parties. I'll have to think about having one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh so much fun! Here is the link to the grapes of wrath murder mystery if you want to try it:

    http://www.whodunitmysteries.com/SourGrapesofWrath.pdf

    (note to self...should have added this in the blog part). Its free and has everything you need to print out to do it. Just add friends and drinks and mix well ;)

    ReplyDelete