Monday, December 6, 2010

Fröhliche Nikolaus Tag!

So I have been up since 5am this morning with the munchkin. She heard daddy leave for work this morning and just had to come and wake me up to see what Saint Nikolaus brought her for Saint Nikolaus Tag. Last night she put out her shoes and went to bed (reluctantly I might add too) I don't think she remembers too much from last year because I had to tell her the story and read the book about why Saint Nikolaus comes tonight and on Christmas Eve... that is the beauty of having a mother from Germany, you get twice the goodies! LOL! She raced down stairs this morning and exclaimed... Mommy! Mommy! He came! Saint Nikolaus Came! Loooooooook! 10 seconds later she tore though all the goodies he brought her. Like a box of Whoppers (her faves), A larger Chocolate Saint Nikolaus (which is traditional, its kinda is like the chocolate Easter bunnies at Easter), A snowman cup full of cotton candy, 2 princess lip chaps, a Tinkerbell puzzle, Tangled sticker book with additional stickers and of course the little candy in her shoes. In fact Saint Nikolaus even filled Hubs boots with some candy ;) LOL!

The Munchkin's shoes filled with chocolate goodies.

Even Hub's boots were filled... I guess he's been a pretty good boy this year... LOL!

The munchkin still with her sleepy head look and her goodies.

Woohoo Lip Chap! (that's what she said)

Checking out her sticker book

And putting together her new Tinkerbell puzzle.

Ta-Da! What a ham eh? LOL!

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute :) She is a doll! I wish my mom or dad was German, we never got twice the goodies, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the munchkin gets pretty spoiled this time of year... she will get 3 times the goodies because next week is her Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo adorable! I grew up celebrating Hanukkah and Christmas cause my mom was Jewish, but my dad wasn't. So I know what you been by getting twice the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Victoria I love doing it for her... My mom did it for me (She's German, Dad's American) when I as a kid and I hope she will pass along the tradition some day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, well happy birthday to her. My cousins birthday is Christmas Eve. I was jealous as a kid, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how cute! My parent's did the St. Nick thing when we were little too.

    ReplyDelete