Hey guys... psssst... guess what I made...


Just wanted to make a little something to show my love for books... :) And its so easy to make... i just used regular white paper to make the pages of the books. I eyeballed the size I wanted cut the strips and folded them in half, I used maudpague to glue the pages together and the covers (which are just pieces of scrapbook pages) on the tops and then I hot glued around all the edges to "seal" it. And then I hot glued all the books together and then glue them on top of adjustable ring. Cute right?
Ohhh and speaking of reading... I went to the thrift store yesterday and picked up new books for .99 cents! YES! .99 cents! You just cant beat that! I have started one of the books today and am about half way through it... it is such a page turner! They are "Candy Shop Mysteries" by Sammi Carter, she has 5 books in the series and I have 3 so far, I think I'm going to have to get the other 2 if the rest of her books are like this one I'm reading. I also did a little research on amazon and thanks to amazon suggestions I have found a ton of other books by the same publisher with similar themes. I call them the "house wives or stay at home mom mysteries" because they all revolve around baking, cooking, sewing, crafting, knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc... I see a new addiction in the works for me. And just because when I start something I never stop unless I go all out I have compiled a list of these type books! LOL!
Hooked on Murder (A Crochet Mystery) Betty HechtmanDead Men Don't Crochet (A Crochet Mystery) Betty Hechtman
You Better Knot Die (A Crochet Mystery) Betty Hechtman
By hook or By Crook (A Crochet Mystery) Betty Hechtman
A Stitch in Crime (A Crochet Mystery) Betty Hechtman
Knit One, Kill Two (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
Needled To Death (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
Unraveled (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
Double Knit Murders (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
Dropped Dead Stitch (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
Dyer Consequences (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
A Killer Stitch (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
Fleece Navida (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
A Deadly Yarn (A Knitting Mystery) Maggie Sefton
The English Breakfast Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Scones and Bones (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Gunpowder Green (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Shades of Earl Grey (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Dragonwell Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
The Teaberry Strangler (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Oolong Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
The Jasmin Moon Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Blood Orange Brewing (A Tea Shop Mystery) Laura Childs
Fiber & Brimstone (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Keepsake Crimes (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Death Swatch (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Frill Kill (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Motif for Murder (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Death by Design (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Bound for Murder (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Photo Finished (A Scrapbook Mystery) Laura Childs
Tragic Magic (A Scrapbook Mystery)
Sprinkle with Murder (A Cupcake Bakery Mystery) Jennifer McKinlay
Buttercream Bump Off (A Cupcake Bakery Mystery) Jennifer McKinlay
A Peach of a Murder (A Fresh Baked Mystery) Livia J. Washburn
The Pumpkin Muffin Murder (A Fresh Baked Mystery) Livia J. Washburn
Murder by the Slice (A Fresh Baked Mystery) Livia J. Washburn
Killer Crab Cakes (A Fresh Baked Mystery) Livia J. Washburn
The Christmas Cookie Killer (A Fresh Baked Mystery) Livia J. Washburn
Roast Mortem (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Holiday Grind (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
On What Grounds (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Through the Grinder (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Espresso Shot (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Latte Trouble (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Murder Most Frothy (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
French Pressed (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Decaffeinated Corpse (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Murder by Mocha (A Coffee House Mystery) Cleo Coyle
Stuck on Murder (A Decopage Mystery) Lucy Lawrence
Cut to the Corpse (A Decopage Mystery) Lucy Lawrence
Sealed with a Kill (A Decopage Mystery) Lucy Lawrence
Chapter & Hearse (A Booktown Mystery) Lorna Barrett
Murder is Binding (A Booktown Mystery) Lorna Barrett
Bookplate Special (A Booktown Mystery) Lorna Barrett
Bookmarked for Death (A Booktown Mystery) Lorna Barrett
Sentenced to Death (A Booktown Mystery) Lorna Barrett
A Killer Crop (An Orchard Mystery) Sheila Connolly
One Bad Apple (An Orchard Mystery) Sheila Connolly
Red Delicious Death (An Orchard Mystery) Sheila Connolly
Rotten to the Core (An Orchard Mystery) Sheila Connolly
Fundraising the Dead (A Museum Mystery) Sheila Connolly
Lets Play Dead (A Museum Mystery) Sheila Connolly
Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Slay it with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Sleeping with Anemone (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mystery) Kate Collins
Pinned for Murder (A Southern Sewing Series) Elizabeth Lynn Casey
Sew Deadly (A Southern Sewing Series) Elizabeth Lynn Casey
Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Series) Elizabeth Lynn Casey
Deadly Notions (A Southern Sewing Series) Elizabeth Lynn Casey
The Quick and the Thread (A Embrodiery Mystery) Amanda Lee
Stictch Me Deadly (A embroidery Mystery) Amanda Lee
Spinster Sprinkles (A Dount Shop Mystery) Jessica Beck
Glazed Murder (A Dount Shop Mystery) Jessica Beck
Fatally Frosted (A Dount Shop Mystery) Jessica Beck
Evil Eclairs (A Dount Shop Mystery) Jessica Beck
Tragic Toppings (A Dount Shop Mystery) Jessica Beck
Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode) Wendy Lyn Watson
I Scream, You Scream (A Mystery a La Mode) Wendy Lyn Watson
A Parfait Murder (A Mystery a La Mode) Wendy Lyn Watson
A Brisket, A Casket (A Deadly Deli Mystery) Delia Rosen
Delicious and Suspicious (A Memphis BBQ Mystery) Riley Adams
Sketch Me if You Can (A Portrait of a Crime Mystery) Sharon Pape
To Sketch a Theif (A Portrait of a Crime Mystery) Sharon Pape
A Slice of Murder (A Pizza Lover's Mystery) Chris Cavender
Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder (A Pizza Lover's Mystery) Chris Cavender
The Long Quiche Goodbye (A Cheese Shop Mystery) Avery Aames
Lost and Fondue (A Cheese Shop Mystery) Avery Aames
Tressed to Kill (A Soutern Beauty Shop Mystery) Lila Dare
Polished Off (A Southern Beauty Shop Mystery) Lila Dare
Cookie Dough or Die (A Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery) Virginia Lowell
The Missing Ink (A Tattoo Shop Mystery) Karen E. Olson
Driven To Ink (A Tattoo Shop Mystery) Karen E. Olson
Pretty In Ink (A Tattoo Shop Mystery) Karen E. Olson
Ink Flamingos (A Tattoo Shop Mystery) Karen E. Olson
Bundle of Trouble (A Maternal Instincts Mystery) Diana Orgain
Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery) Diana Orgain
Formula For Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery) Diana Orgain
Secondhand Spirits (A Witchcraft Mystery) Juliet Blackwell
A Cast Off Coven (A Witchcraft Mystery) Juliet Blackwell
Hexes and Hemlines(A Witchcraft Mystery) Juliet Blackwell
If Walls Could Talk (A Haunted Home Renovations Series) Juliet Blackwell
The Ghost of Mrs. McClure (A Haunted Bookshop Mystery) Alice Kimberly (aka Cleo Coyle)
The Ghost and the Dead Deb (A Haunted Bookshop Mystery) Alice Kimberly (aka Cleo Coyle)
The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library (A Haunted Bookshop Mystery) Alice Kimberly (aka Cleo Coyle)
The Ghost and the Femme Fatale (A Haunted Bookshop Mystery) Alice Kimberly (aka Cleo Coyle)
The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion (A Haunted Bookshop Mystery) Alice Kimberly (aka Cleo Coyle)
The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller (A Haunted Bookshop Mystery) Alice Kimberly (aka Cleo Coyle)
A Crafty Killing (A Victoria Square Mystery) Lorraine Bartlett
The Trouble with Magic (A Bewitching Mystery) Madelyn Alt
A Charmed Death (A Bewitching Mystery) Madelyn Alt
Hex Marks the Spot (A Bewitching Mystery) Madelyn Alt
No Rest for the Wiccan (A Bewitching Mystery) Madelyn Alt
Where There's a Witch (A Bewitching Mystery) Madelyn Alt
A Witch in Time (A Bewitching Mystery) Madelyn Alt
Home for a Spell (A Bewitching Mystery) Madelyn Alt
Town in a Blueberry Jam (A Holidays Mystery) B.B Haywood
Town in a Lobster Stew (A Holidays Mystery) B.B Haywood
Fatal Fixer-Upper (A DIY Mystery) Jennie Bentley
Spackled and Spooked (A DIY Mystery) Jennie Bentley
Plaster and Poison (A DIY Mystery) Jennie Bentley
Mortar and Mystery (A DIY Mystery) Jennie Bentley
Have any of you guys read these kinda books before? Or do any of you guys have any reading suggestions for me??? I just love to read!
I had to laugh at some of the titles, they are awesome! I'm going to the library today and I am going to search for some of them and see if they are any good. I love to read too and I am so intrigued!lol. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteGood timing! I saw something similar on Etsy and have been brainstorming on how to make my own that reflects me better. Theirs was pretty cool though, you could actually write in the pages but it's so small... what could you possible write? Doodle a heart?
ReplyDeleteYou could try the Savannah Reid mysteries by G.A. McKevett some of the titles are Fat Free and Fatal, and Murder A la Mode. I also like the the Lucy Stone Serious by Leslie Meier some of her titles are The Wedding Day Murder, New Years Eve Murder, The Birthday Party Murder. I love these type of mysteries! I'm going to have to refer back to this list.
ReplyDeleteThe ring is super cute!!
Great minds think alike!! I actually checked out Sprinkle with Murder at the library :)
ReplyDeleteLove the ring :)
@Christina Man, we must be like two peas in a pod... because I just bought sprinkled with murder today! I cant wait to read this one so I can get buttercream bump off!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I love the ring!
ReplyDeleteYou are so amazingly creative. You rock my socks!
ReplyDeleteAwwwe!!! Thanks guys!!! Oh and McDancer you rock my socks too! :DD
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say that the ring is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWow, have never heard of those books, will have to check them out! And I love the ring, how cute and clever!
ReplyDeleteReally cute ring. And WHAT a book list!!!
ReplyDeleteBest,
Susan
Whoa! I was cracking up over some of those titles. I must check out the crochet titles - they sound right up my alley. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis ring is so cute! And I LOVE getting deals on books at yard sales and thrift stores! I keep track of all the books I read each year in a reading journal, where I also keep book suggestions that others make. If I read something and really like it, I look for other books by that author. I just created my 2011 must read list. I'm not much of a mystery reader, but some of my favorite authors and books that I read in 2010 were Anita Diamant (The Red Tent, Last Days of Dog Town, Day After Night), Barbara Kingsolver (The Poinsonwood Bible, Pigs in Heaven), Michael Chabon (Mysteries of Pittsburgh, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay), Junot Diaz (Drown, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao), and Cormac McCarthy (The Road, All the Pretty Horses, No Country for Old Men).
ReplyDeleteCute ring!
ReplyDeletebugaboo, mini, mr & me