
1. What do you usually want to know about someone when meeting them for the first time?
Ya know what I would love to know? I'd love to know how long were gonna be friends for... I'm so tired of having these one way type of friendships. I'm so tired of being surrounded by fake people, people that just want to be my friend to take advantage of me and use me for baby sitting. Im so sick of people like that... I don't mean to make this a rant, but I am in a friendship rut. I just wish I had some good girlfriends to rely on. Anyone of you also feel that way?
2. Would you rather know everything about your spouse, or be regularly surprised?
Hmmm that's a pretty interesting question... I think I'd rather have the surprises though, because what would life be like if it didn't hold any surprises... good ones that is. ;)
3. If you could live in one city for the rest of your life, where would you live?
ONE city? Just ONE city for the rest of my life... as a military spouse I just can't picture that... lol
Ok, but if I had to pick I think I would pick my home town in Germany or London. Both are big cities and with being in Germany (the heart of Europe) I can always travel to alot of places in Europe and living in London would be awesome, its like living in NYC but much cleaner... lol!
4. When you go out of town, what one material thing do you ALWAYS take?
A material thing... do I own one of those? Lately its been my "big girl" purse... its a Carlos Falchi... say it with me... ooooh, ahhhhh... ;)
5. Using no more than 10 nouns, and ONLY nouns, describe yourself.
Oh holy crap, these questions are getting harder! LOL! Hmmm ok... lets see....
1. Mother
2. Crafter
3. Geek
4. Artist
5. Friend
6. Nerd (no that's not the same as Geek)
7. Traveler
8. Amateur Comedian
9. Chocoholic
10. MacGyver's Twin
I dunno this is just my list... do you agree? disagree? Feel free to come up with anything else to describe me... in other words feel free to flatter me...
I TOTALLY feel you on the friends issue! It is so difficult to find friends at all, I am sooo tired of wasting my time with self-centered friendship abusers. I have gone from a circle of 9 to a friendship with 3. Why couldn't we just start off this way!? Not to vent in a comment, but it's sooo frustrating! Sending baby and kindred spirit vibes your way!
ReplyDeleteYou know, my first response to question #1 was "what level of crazy they're on". I figured I'd sound too cynical, so I changed it, but I'm thinking of editing my post to include it- you've inspired me to be completely honest! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with you about the friends issue. There are too many energy-sucking leeches cleverly disguised as friends out there.
New follower from the "Find Friends Friday" blog hop. Also, fellow military spouse. My husband is in the Army. Stop by my blog anytime! oh yeah- we also share a name. I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you!
ReplyDeletehttp://mommiesblog2011.blogspot.com/
I love that you appreciate the difference between geek and nerd, they are two different things! ;)
ReplyDeleteI agree on the friend thing. I've been battling that for a few years now. I've kept a few around because I don't wanna be totally alone, lol.
ReplyDeleteI completely feel you on the friend issue. I want to be helpful, but sometimes I feel like they're thinking "she'll do it she never says no". Frustrating. I have one really good friend here and my bestest friend who lives in CO. I have one or two more scattered throughout the country, but for the most part I'm a loner now (except for blogging LOL - sad, huh?)
ReplyDeleteI so agree with you on the friend front. My latest and probably the most comical: I had a best friend for a whole year. Record! We were actually friends way back in 1st grade until I moved. Cute story, right? And I just loved her since we had the same oddball sense of humor and effed up childhood. It was a good bonding thing, ya know? But every 3 months she'd write me these e-mails with great detail of how I hurt her feelings. It wouldn't be a big deal if it were serious things, but the thing that ended our friendship? I compared us to the cats in a YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt4XHeLNCas). Seriously? I just couldn't take it anymore. And I was insulting myself, that's the best part. That orange one is a pain in butt, haha, but she went the complete opposite and took it that I was calling her meek! Oh yes, I ranted on top of your rant! Oops!
ReplyDeleteMacGyver's twin--oh man, that had me snorting out loud. I hope things work out with your friend issue soon; that must be so frustrating.
ReplyDelete