
So I am frustrated as hell this afternoon... I just got back from my appointment at the hospital where I tried to have my HSG done. What's my problem? An uncooperative cervix is my problem... I am just too small, so to speak to have this test done apparently. Its not for lack of trying though, because believe me... the doctor "tried" 3 times. At least now I am fully aware of what kinda pain I will be having when I actually have to go through this again... yes, that's right I have to go through this again (probably). I tried to call my doctor this afternoon to let him know the situation but he seems to be out of the office for the rest of the day (I'm sure its something about a meeting with a golf course) anyway... I will call him and talk to him on Monday to let him know what happened and see what he wants our next step to be. So for now we are at a road block. And I am in some slightly uncomfortable pain. :(
I was so hoping to have some sorta answer by now... I was hoping that this would be it... that my uncertainty would be over... but no, it seems like I will have to wait a little longer. You would think by now Id get used to the waiting but no... it only feels worse. The longer I wait, the worse I feel. Why is nothing ever easy for me? Why couldn't I have been one of those women who just pop out babies like people pop outta stargate? Life is so unfair sometimes... and if this is my "lesson" as to "anything you ever truly want is worth fighting for"... trust me I get! Can I have my gift now! Pretttttttty Pleeeeease!!!
Being in nursing school we are taught therapeutic communication, but this is just horrible and I can't seem to find the right words to say. If I were in your situation I am sure some words would tick me off or hurt my feelings, so I will leave you with this.
ReplyDeleteI am praying hard for you!
XOXO
So sorry to hear that things didn't go well. Also can relate to the other women popping out babies. It seems like I am surrounded by pregnant women. Not sure if it is the age or what. Will continue sending baby dust your way and fingers crossed. ~Barbara
ReplyDeleteI won't say sorry, because I don't think that really covers it. But I will say that you should stay positive. It will happen, and you are obviously deserving of a little miracle (: I AM sorry about your uncomfortable pain though! shudder..... :X
ReplyDelete:( *hug*
ReplyDeleteComfort is hard to come by in a situation like this... I'm approaching similar frustration and I know that everything people try to say to help just upsets me. There's no good answer. Hopefully whatever happens next will yield more positive results.
ReplyDeleteIf you were here, I would totally help you punch someone in the face. Maybe even drive around and sing Alanis Morisette at the top of our lungs, too.
ReplyDeleteIts stories like this that make me nervous to start the process for getting pregnant again... it's kind of discouraging to know there other people that go through this- weird i know. i should see it as encouraging but it's not... i've had quite a few friends go through continuos testing for years... i just know if i'm mentally strong enough for that. I'm keeping you my thoughts! I hope you get some answers soon because I know how much not knowing sucks! <3
ReplyDeleteI'm sending you long-distance hugs!
ReplyDeletei just stopped into your blog via your comic book shoes and i wanted to tell you that I feel your pain! almost literally! i went for an HSG in December and he actually had to request a couple of different speculums to get the job done.
ReplyDeleteand it always seems like "once i get to this appointment on X day, we'll have all the answers and we'll finally know what's going on!" but that day never seems to come.