Monday, January 10, 2011

Straight from the Geekery

First off I'd like to say Thanks to Jennifer! She chose me to be featured on her blog Sunshine and Chaucer for my comic book shoes that I posted about yesterday. YAY!!! Thanks Jennifer!!! You made my day! :D


And now for my next trick project... I bring you...

The Lego ring! It was just something fun I wanted to do for myself, my hubby proposed to me somewhat similarly (with a toy ring from a candy machine) and it made me giggle when I made this... he also snickered when I showed him and we both though of that awesome day. :)
Basically all I did was hot glue some lego pieces together on top of a regular ring base, from hobby lobby. Hubs also thinks I should get a job there LOL! I told him, that might not be such a great idea seeing how I would probably be spending all my paychecks where I worked LOL!

I also watched the cape last night and I just have to say its AMAZING! Being the comic book nerd that I am, I figured that I would love this show. It reminds me of what a Batman TV series would be like. I really hope this show lasts because I seriously love it! If you love comic books then this show is for you! It comes on Sunday at 9/8c on NBC.

Sorry this post is so random... just had to get all this out, Happy Monday Everyone! :)


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the feature :) I've never heard of that show, I'll have to check in on it next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I may have to borrow your idea. My husband is obsessed with legos, so he will smile if I wear a lego ring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ McDancer Thanks! Please do make one! I bet he would love it! I got lego pieces from an Atlantis pack they have the ones that that look like diamonds (that I used for the top) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is so cute and I love your proposal story too - my other half 'proposed' to me by handing me a ring then saying "now, this is not a marriage ring..." So Romantic!

    I'm doing some playing round with Lego today too - trying to make one of those super awesome lego usb sticks!

    Blue Skies,
    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, sooo I'm wicked slow on the uptake, but "The Cape" is a pretty awesome show! ps, love the ring.

    ReplyDelete