
Remember a few weeks back when hubs and I went on vacation and we went out on our date to the gun range?... which was awesome by the way! Best stress reliever EVER!!! Well, I kept the shells from our shots we fired. They were from.45 Cal hand guns and now they are earrings! I love them, I wore them out today just to Target, Wal-Mart and the Mall and got soooo many compliments on them!
They were fairly easy to make too. I just took the original shell and dremeled it in half at the base of the shell, leaving just the back where the pin hits the shell. I then hot glued those to earring backs and Wahla! Instant coolness! :D
Oh and speaking of making jewelry... I made an anklet and matching earrings for my MIL for Christmas... I'm thinking I might just have to get into jewelry making what do you guys think?
Whoa, those earrings are awesome! I would totally wear them!
ReplyDeleteOH gosh I love you! lol
ReplyDeleteoh my hubby says you should do it with a .50 cal bullet lol
I love the necklace :) And the earrings are pretty cool too. I don't think too many people would think to make earrings out of something like that!
ReplyDeletethose earrings are awesome!
ReplyDeleteoh wow, I love those earrings.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! I really love these earrings, I now have been wearing them everyday since I made them LOL!
ReplyDelete@Ashley I totally love you too! LOL I will definitely have to make some with a .50 cal next time... if I work up the guts to shoot one of those off... the .45 had quite a kick to it the first time I shot it. LOL!
Hubby has gun shells from so many different calibers! He going to help me cut them and I'll do the rest!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you get the earring backs? Ive been looking everywhere.
ReplyDelete