Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's on my phone Tuesday! (and a weekend recap)

It has been a busy weekend, we had our best friends visit from our last duty station. They are awesome! My BFF's hubs has just recently come home from deployment and they decided to come visit us while he is still on leave, so 9 hrs, compact car loaded down with lots of stuff and two adorable road tripped kids later they arrived at our house to spend the weekend with us, it was awesome and we realized how much we missed each other, it has been a while (since last July) since we've had the chance to see them. Our hubbies have a severe case of "BRO-MANCE" and the just cannot go long periods of time without seeing each other and geeking out for a bit (they are both into computers... ALOT) Its actually really cute :) We hung out locally and just enjoyed spending time together... I have also started to crochet thanks to my BFF, but that is a whole other post ;)


It is also "Whats on my phone Tuesday" and I have lots of goodies to share from our fabulous weekend. And as always if you want to participate or just see more awesome posts feel free to check out Jessica at The Lowe Family News.

One of my latest paintings...entitled "God save the Queen" yup, you guessed it... it is indeed London. And it now hangs in my bedroom which has a "Cities of Europe Theme".

The inside of Coffee and More in Ocean Springs, they have bubble tea! And it was pretty awesome, we found it while roaming around trying to find a yarn shop.

Aren't they chairs neat-o? I love how the coffee cups are burned into backs of the chair. If I had a coffee house of my own I would love to have these chairs for it!

Mmmm! Our Bubble Tea... 2 apples and 1 Watermelon.

My favorite little mom and pop diner we like to go to in OS they have the best burgers and cheese fries EVER!!! We had lunch here and then walked around the downtown shops.

All of us at Sicily's my favorite place for pizza in D'Iberville. They have a Cajun pizza that is to die for!

"The En Fuego Twins" the munchkin and her self proclaimed "cousin" ;)

A very wasabi LOADED piece of sushi we called it "The Suicide" ;)

Cause this is why we called it the suicide... can you see the tears through the blur... the blur was from me laughing my ass off LOL!

12 comments:

  1. Your painting is awesome! I LOVE it! Those chairs are too cute. You couldn't pay me enough to eat that sushi! That's just crazy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those chairs. My kitchen is "French Cafe'" and I really wouldn't mind them in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun with your friends! :) And, yes, that wasabi loaded sushi does look like it could kill someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You paint too? Is there anything you can't do? lol, love the painting. And it looks like you guys had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did that painting?? SO COOL!! i want pretty chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see a running theme....food and people. My kind of photos.
    Stopped by from the Lowe's...

    ReplyDelete
  7. bahaha the suicide. Sounds fun :'D
    I love your painting! very nice!
    Whats bubble tea!? that sounds good!
    I want to go to a coffee shop now >.>
    Have a good week girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never heard of bubble tea! I must look for it now :) and i love those chairs too! coffee places always have cute things around! Great Painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that wasabi sushi made ME cry just looking at it. holy crap. and how fun that ur friends came to visit. i miss my military friends :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah to that sushi! You would have died!
    Ang xxx

    ReplyDelete