
*WARNING THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIT OF RANT.*
I just don't understand mothers that can't take care of their children on their own for a measly 8 hours... I really cannot fathom how it's so hard for you without your husband right by your side while he is just at work... espeically when your a military wife! I have a bit more understanding for civilian women, but I honestly believe you should be able to take care of your child by yourself for 8 hours. I'm not talking about being a single parent... I AM talking about actually physically & emotionally caring (feeding, changing, bathing, playing etc) for your baby while your husband is at work for the day! Granted it might not always be pretty but welcome to motherhood. I completely understand that having your husband around all day makes things a heck of a lot easier like... getting a moment to shower, cooking while not having to hold baby, or having errands to run while not having to cart around a giant car seat while baby sleeps. I totally get it! Trust me... But I do think you should be able to wipe baby's butt, feed, bathe and keep baby entertained all while hubby is doing something else. These women who cant take care of their children with out their husbands being right there to hold their hand while doing these things drive me BATTY! You have been doing these things for months... why all of a sudden are you overwhelmed when he has to leave for the day to go back to work?
Its really just one person in particular who is driving me nuts lately about this... I just don't understand it! How can you be this way?! I know that being a new mom is intimidating, a little nerve wracking, and sometimes down right scary.... but... it shouldn't be anything you cant handle... or at least not make public on facebook that you cant handle it. I mean he's at work! He'll be home in 8 hours! He's not deployed! He's not even TDY! GET OVER IT!
I guess it peeves me because I know women who have have given birth without their husbands because because they have been deployed, women who's husbands who have been deployed while they gave birth and didn't have hubby home till 6 months after the babies were born, I have known women who have been pregnant, did a PCS (by themselves) and then given birth to babies in their new city that just happens to be 3,000 miles away from their nearest friend or relative! I even know a women who has given birth to twin babies in a foreign country, while her hubby is deployed (Amy your amazing! I dunno how you do it!) My point is... I think "Mrs. So and so" should really be able to handle 8 freakin hours with out her husband telling her what to do with her baby. Your a mother now... you have given birth, you have endured 3 months so far, you CAN handle it! Stooooop bitching about how you cant! What's gonna happen when "Mr. So and so" has to go TDY or god forbid for you a deployment? What are you gonna do then?
I cannot attest to having my maternal instinct come to me naturally... I had to earn mine... but I firmly believe all women have it, "Mrs. So and so" just needs to use it!
Sorry for the rant guys... but this is building up in me... and I really needed to get it out. I think it tends to get under my skin a little more than most things because I would give anything to have a baby to look after again. Babies are hard work there is no doubt about it... but they are so worth it! I guess its just aggravating to see someone who doesn't appreciate a labor of love, when I do but cant have it.
Anyone else know a Mrs. So and so that's driven them nuts? If so how did you get them to shut up? LOL!
A FREAKING MEN! I love you!
ReplyDeleteMaybe she should consider how hard it would be if her husband wasn't willing to help at all.
ReplyDeleteI see parenting cases that make me angry all the time. I feel sorry for the kids. They should never have anything less than the best.
OMG!!! The last time The Squid was deployed I had a woman actually comment on her facebook that she was starting to know how I felt having my husband gone for months with no communication, because her husband for 4 days in a row was.............LATE FOR DINNER!!! AARRRGGGHHHH!! Rant away sister!! I'm on board!!
ReplyDeleteI have read this a couple of times and I freaking tear up when I read the part about me! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteUgh, people like that drive me bonkers!
ReplyDeleteI miss you too Amy! If there is a mother of the year award... you deserve it hands down! You are like super incredible wonder mommy! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't say I know anyone like that and thank goodness, I would want to rant for days! If anything, I like having days just me and the munchkin because it makes me feel like I really am being a mom and not depending on someone else to help. {not saying I don't like having the hubby around to help}
ReplyDelete