Friday, February 18, 2011

30 Days of Books: Day 16

Day 16 – Favorite poem or collection of poetry


My favorite collection of poetry is from Jim Morrison (yes, the lead singer to the doors)
I have his book Wilderness which kinda like a memoir of lost poems. His poetry is amazing
and beautiful, I first discovered it while I was in high school.

My other favorite poet is Steven J. Javan he has a collection of poetry in books called; Something
to Someone, A Heart Full of Love, Meet Me Halfway and Footprints in the Mind.

I also love classic poetry by Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, Edgar Allan Poe, Willaim Butler Yeats, and William Shakespear.

They have all inspired me at one point or another while writing my own poetry.

3 comments:

  1. aww I haven't read poetry since my classes in college and I feel like such a spaz for that! Congrats on your progress on your reading challenge! 4 out of 30! get it! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even knew a book of his poetry existed. This is turning into a great project! I may have to take a couple years off school to catch up on all the great books you've been suggesting though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man- I went through a heavy Jim phase in high school- my sister had that same book and I think it inspired quite a bit of horrible poetry out of me...
    I'm a new reader and very happy to find your blog!
    Cheers!

    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete