Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day! & Our Ghostly Visit to NOLA

Let me start off by saying... Dia Dhuit to all my fellow Irish lads & lass's today! We are currently sitting at home, having a beer and watching Boondock Saints, so Slainte! Hope you all are having fun :D

Last weekend we went to NOLA for my birthday and we got a chance to do an awesome ghost tour! I have been wanting to do one of these since we moved down here, I have always found NOLA's paranormal activity most interesting! We had a GREAT time on the tour, it was VERY informative and fun! I suggest anyone going to NOLA should do a tour of this kind, its a "hair raising" experience like you've never had before ;) Here's the pics... one of which is pretty interesting... take a look for yourself.

The Chartres House Cafe, where we had poboys and gumbo for dinner! YUM!

My kiddo trying to be scary lol! Raaaawr!

Everywhere was dressed up for Mardi Gras! Sooo pretty!

The Provincial Hotel which once served as a hospital and morgue during the Civil War, more than 1,000 men had lost their lives here in this very place. It is said the ghost of a surgeon wearing a leather mask and apron can be seen walking the halls at night with a saw, searching for his next amputee victim...

I just LOOOOOVE these gas light lanterns! :D

This is one of the oldest buildings in the city, it has survived both great fires of the 17 & 1800's. Legend has it, that it is haunted by a man named "Big John" why he haunts these grounds is unknown, it used to be a factory in the early 1900's and they say he might have died during a repairing of one of the machines... either way I think I might have captured a picture of part of his face....

Now, this could be nothing... but its nice to think its "something" of interest. If you look closely within the red circle you can almost make out part of a man's face like just the bottom and lower right side, possibly a jaw and cheek which looks like he has a beard. Just below that it looks like you can make out just a little bit of his overalls (exactly what the tour guide said he has been seen wearing in other photos) and just barely the snaps of the buttons. What do you guys think???

The infamous Lalaurie Mansion... once owned by Nicholas Cage too! There is LOTS of legend and history surrounding this place. More than I could even blog about but if you really want to read a good hair raising story... check out this website!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! But I'm too chicken to go on one of them tours, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Looks like fun, I've always wanted to go to NOLA.

    ReplyDelete