I found this little survey on my blogging buddy; Kris at Life on Planet Caddick's blog. I thought it would be fun so I decided to do it too, thanks Kris!
1. How long have you been a military wife? Wife 4 years, Girlfriend 5 years.
2. What branch of service is your husband? Air Force
3. Active/Reserve? Active
4. What is his job? I would tell you, but then HE would have to kill ya ;)
5. How many deployments have you gone through? Um... a few but they weren't to war area's
6. ACU's or Class A's on your man? Have you seen the AF Blues? ABU's all the way... I have to agree with Kris on this one lol! ;)
7. What do you like about being a military wife? Hmmmm... I dunno... I guess I don't really think of myself as too different from any other kinda wife. ;)
8. Do you live on base? We live in base housing but its not on base per say...
9. What is your favorite base so far? I liked all of them for different reasons... I liked Tinker because I made my first friends there, and the city was nice and big. I liked Fort Gordon because I made my best friends there and have sooooo many good memories there, I like it here because its closer to home and there's lots to do.
10. What is the hardest part of the military life? The times when were separated.
11. Do you go to the grocery store or commissary? Yes, ours is brand new (re-built this year... Katrina blew away the old one) and its HUUUUUUGE and has just about everything I want there so yeah, we go there all the time. Plus our Wal-Mart near the house is NOT a super Wal-Mart.
12. Do you work or stay at home? I have just recently gone back to work YAY!
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? I have a few here, but then again I have a few just about everywhere.
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX? Our BX is ok, Our Wal-Mart near the house sucks big time so I like Target.
15. How did your husband propose? LOL! Well.... kinda... he just looked at me from across the couch and said... Oh um... by the way... next week were gonna get married ;) LOL! I giggled and said; really? Ok... ;)
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before? After he had been in already 3 years.
17. How long have you been together? 5 years total 4 married... but I've known him since we were babies.
18. Any kids? Yep, 1 daughter... and hopefully another some time soon... we are TTC
19. Any kids yet to come? See above... TTC ;)
20. Is your husband one of those "Am I soldier hear me 'HOOAH' kind of guys? Not really.
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband? Sure... lots of night maneuvers... oooh you were talking about other stuff ;) LOL!
22. How many bases have you lived at? 3 so far.
23. If you could change one thing about the military? Axe the unaccompanied tour's to Korea...
24. Do you like military balls? I don't believe I ever have been to a AF ball, we've done lots of "lets get gussied up" type of events but not a ball... but those were fun too.
25. Where does your family live? All of our family is in Florida
26. What do you do for a job? Mommy and I work PT in the medical field.
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife? No... but I then again I don't have much to do with other wives unless they are already my friends.
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone. LOL! Hog the bed all to myself... eat lots of junk food...
29. Do you think other wives do that too? Probably ;)
Im glad Im not the only one who didn't get a proposal. :-)
ReplyDeleteThey really still have WalMarts that aren't super? I can't remember the last time I've seen one of those! Love the answer to combatives!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I LOVE this. I will have to steal this idea sometime, if you don't mind. ;)
ReplyDelete