
It's spring in Bon Temps, and for telepathic barmaid Sookie Stackhouse, the season will turn out to be one full of secrets revealed-secrets that will bring major changes in her life...
With her knack for being in trouble's way. Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area.
But Sookie suspects otherwise, and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit and the twisted motive for the attack. but her attention is divided. Through she can't "read" vampires, Sookie knows her lover, Eric Northman, and his "child" Pam well and she realizes that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot which is much more complicated that she knows.
Caught up once again in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human and that there is a new queen on the board...
Despite reading all the reviews on Dead reckoning, I was in deed surprised at how much I actually liked it. I had some doubts in the beginning of the book but I am satisfied with the outcome. I find the inner debate in Sookie interesting, she is finally realizing there is more to life than just what's happening to her in the moment and just what is going on in her and Eric's relationship.
I was a little sad, yet a little relieved that Ameila and Bob helped Sookie break the blood bond,I think that was weighing on her alot and frankly I got tired of hearing about its drama. I am glad to see that her and Eric still love each other and of course I'm dying to know what is going to happen next between him and his betrothed, the queen of Oklahoma... so as always... I am left feeling like I can't wait for the next book to come out!
Hi hon. I haven't read any Sookie Stackhouse novels. Is there a book that I should start reading first? Thank you
ReplyDeleteThis one is on my TBR. I think I'm like 1000 on the waiting list at the library! I know you like this series a lot, so I'm glad you're satisfied with how it all ends.
ReplyDeleteI'm a Sookie Junkie. I havent gotten around to reading this one yet but am looking forward to it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading my review guys!!!!
ReplyDelete@NarsCupcake The first in the series is called Dead Until Dark, watch out though... they are sooo addictive lol! I read first one and instantly got hooked!
Jess- I will check that series out. Thank you so much
ReplyDeleteomg Jess-I have read Dead until Dark and other Charlaine Harris book since you recommended them. They are so addicted---thank you so much for the recommendation.
ReplyDeleteOh YAY! Im so glad you love them as much as I do! They are soooo addictive! Love it! LOL!
ReplyDelete