So yeah... here's the skinny on me getting preggers. I went to the doctor (Endocrine-Reproductive Fertility Specialist... mouthful isn't it?) in Mobile last week and had an appointment with his nurse (she's freakin awesome btw) she did an Ultrasound on me to see if there were any follicles from this cycle of clomid. There were! There were 2... I'm trying not to get too excited over this because they could have been there all along, meaning they could have been there before I even started the treatment, we just don't know because they didn't take an ultrasound at my first visit, which now of course we are all regretting... The follicles both came from my right ovary and they are both in the correct "postion" if they mature or not is another story... one is 16mm and the other is 20mm. Again though, I'm not going to get my hopes up for many reasons... one being that I did NOT have a positive OPK reading this month at all...(but then again I forgot a day or two, of testing...) and two... who really get's pregnant on their first round of clomid? Yeah, its like 2% of all women treated. However, it was pretty neat-o seeing all my parts on the inside. Don't get me wrong, I've seen ultrasounds before... he'll I've even done one on someone before... I've just never had one done on myself lol! So now we wait (my most FAVORITE part of all this) can't you tell I'm excited... :P
So the plan is to either take a test once I'm officially late (which is Sunday) and bada-bing! I'll be giving you my next post that I'm pregnant... Or end up with AF knocking on my door and we start next month with another round of clomid, and at that time I've been informed that my dosage will be increased.... yay! Bring on the random crying and emotional rollercoaster LOL! Hubby is gonna looooooooove me! :D On the bright side, while having the ultrasound done... nurse awesome didn't find anything abnormal'ish and it doesn't seem to be that I have PCOS... on the other hand... we still don't know exactly what IS wrong with me... and why my body will not ovulate on its own.
Oh good luck - I'll be wishing good thoughts for you....
ReplyDeleteI hope there is a pregnancy announcement in the near near future :)) Sending baby dust your way!!
ReplyDeleteSo great that you are finally getting somewhere in your efforts! So excited and have all my fingers and toes crossed!!
ReplyDeleteHolding on to positive thoughts for you!!
ReplyDeleteThinking happy thoughts for you!!
ReplyDeleteHere's wishing you the very best!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish you luck! Hopefully it'll happen for you soon!
ReplyDeleteI have PCOS, which is why we never had another child. I figure we were blessed with the one we were able to have :)