Thursday, July 14, 2011

We're Baaaaaaack... From Vacation(s) !!! Part One...

Oh. My. Gotch. (in the words of the munchkin). We're finally back home after a month of traveling... yes, a month! I think we were home a total of 6 days this month? Hubby will be leaving again on Saturday for a geek conference in Washington DC. He also just passed his security + test and I couldn't be more proud of him! He is amazing smart and is streamlining the way through all these certifications. So now were home again and things are getting back to normal, the munchkin had her end of the soccer season ceremony last night and since the league was too cheap to buy $5 pizza's from Little Ceaser's like originally planned, we ended up taking her to Mc'Donalds for a celebration happy meal ;) I have to say, this year was the most unorganized soccer season ever, this even beats out last year... in fact, we haven't had an organized year since we left Ft. Gordon and that says alot... ok, enough ranting... time to catch you up on all the fun stuff we did recently.

As you may or may not recall, I had my ten year high school class reunion on Saturday July 9th. I have to say it was probably THE biggest WASTE of money I have ever spent. $75.00 + Drinks, a measly salad, some extra dry chicken and mystery meat was not what I was expecting. Seeing the same people in high school sitting with all the same friends they had in their original cliques after 10 years is sadly something I didn't expect either. However, I guess it goes to show... some things never change. I did take pleasure in the fact that all the snobby, stuck, skinny girls back in high school were all fat and haggered looking now. LOL! I also did have an EXCELLENT time at my friend's after party. Her and I have known each other since probably the first grade and we also got to hang out with two of my other best friends from high school. It also amazes me that after not seeing each other for at least eight years, we can still pick up right where we left off... now that is true friendship... :)

Oh. Right. You wanna see the pics? lol

Please excuse our greasy, sweaty mugs... it is Florida after all... lol!

This picture says it all... this was us back in high school, just 4 best friends... I wouldn't trade them for the world!

Part two to come tomorrow, only because of the fact that I have been school shopping for the munchkin all day and now I'm exhausted. lol!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the pics on FB, looks like ya'll had a blast. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete