Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Florida DMV and Family Time
We are home again, after spending our long weekend in Jacksonville visiting my in-laws and trying to get our Florida drivers licenses back. Hubby was able to get his, I on the other hand am a different story... apparently Florida no longer takes just a copy of your birth certificate... no, they need the real deal. Mine also is not that easy to get either, since its an "American born abroad" certificate :( I actually have to go to immigration to get a copy of it, I also have to have proof of when I entered the country 24 years ago! I know... WTF! That's what I said too... so I guess I am stuck with a Mississippi drivers license for a while longer. Booooo! On the more positive side, the whole weekend was not a total loss. We did get to go visit hubby's Grandma, it was her birthday and she turned 86, she's only 5 years younger than my gram. It was also nice that hubby got to see ALL of his uncles & aunts (even the ones that had to come from Ashville, NC) before he will leave at that *uncertain* time and date ;) We had good food, and great people to spend the day with and even though it rained pretty much all day we still had an excellent time! I am glad to be home now, though... I've got a ton of laundry to do and stuff around the house to catch up on. I love going home to Florida but, I sure do hate driving it! It feels like it takes forever! Oh and Ace did GREAT on his first long car tip, not even a peep out of him! I was so thrilled! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment