First things first... I just have to get this out there, its been bugging me all morning... Today is picture day at the munchkin's school and I have been stressing out since yesterday about how its going to turn out. I don't think I would care as much in the next few years as apposed to this year, its Kindergarten... your first year at school, your first year "rolling with the big kids" as she likes to call it LOL! Last night after her shower, I did her hair up and sprayed it with a CRAP-TON of hair spray so it would stay in place, this morning I got lucky and was still pretty perfect... it just needed a few touch up sprays and we were good to go. I kept fussing over breakfast, making sure she wasn't going to spill anything on her shirt before school started. And then the whole way there, I'm saying my mantra to her... "Don't get dirty, don't put anything on your hair, leave your hair clip in, and please don't spill anything on your shirt!" I am hoping to god, they took the Kindergartener's first to get the pictures done, because I fear the smaller they are the harder it is to keep them looking spectacular as the day wears on. I am still panicking... I want these pictures to look decent, since I'll be sending them out in the Christmas cards this year... in a really weird way, its kinda funny... I now know exactly how my mother felt on picture day... Lord knows how my pictures turned out! Awwwwwwweful! I think most of the time they took them either right after lunch or right after P.E! There was even this one time... (mom dressed me in a really pretty pink dress) and I decided I wanted to wear my best friends cowboy hat in the picture... my mom got the pictures about a month after the school took them and threw a huge cow! LOL! I never did tell her about wearing the cowboy hat on picture day... hence the shock LOL! I have this really scarey sensation that karma (or my momma's revenge) is about to bite me in the ass today... LOL!
Yesterday was "Cruisen on the Coast" at the munchkin's school. It was AWESOME! Some of us parents put on a little car show for the kids, they had two 1920's hot rods there, a 1930's ford, an old truck, an Elcamino, a new Corvette and of course my hubby's 1992 Corvette. Cruisen the coast is something they do down here in Biloxi every year, people from all over the country come down with their cool vintage cars and they ride them up and down our beach for a whole week. They have shows, and contests and its basically a huge party... think... Bike Week at Daytona Florida... Sadly we will be out of town starting Thursday and Friday is when the whole shebang kicks off... but if you want to see what its like... here's my
post from last year.
We didn't tell the munchkin that Daddy was bringing the car up there, she didn't have a clue they were even doing this. The munchkin's teacher's daughter just happens to be a wiz on the sewing machine and she sewed ALL the girls in her class a poodle skirt! Awwwwe! She also made attachable "Elvis Chops" for the boys, you just clip them on with Velcro to sunglasses! I took pictures because they looked amazingly adorable!

The lady in red, is munchkin's teacher... she owns that 1930's ford and she drove it to school that morning!

Just look at those adorable poodle skirts!

As the kids walk around the vette, the munchkin screams "Hey! That's my daddy's race car!"
Then finally she saw us! LOL

The munchkin and her kindergarten class posing for a picture for me.
That cutie patootie in the front row showing off his muscles is the one I think she has a crush on... but his daddy drives a mustang so it's just not gonna work out LOL!

And of course my adorable little mini me :)
oh the cuteness!! I love it!
ReplyDelete