Hi guys! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I know we sure did! We were truly blessed with Christmas this year! Despite our hardships this year, with car issues and infertility... the year was still mostly great and Christmas was grand! My parents came from Florida for almost two weeks and it was very nice having them at our house for Christmas for a change. We usually pack up the car and travel south for Christmas but, with all that has been going on lately... we wanted to save money on traveling and stay at home, so it was nice of them to come to us and make the 12-hour-by-car-trip-sacrifice to be with us. It was also their first Christmas away from home in the last 30 years! We also had a nice big surprise when my In-Laws showed up at our door on Christmas Eve! LOL! That was unexpected but awesome! They totally had us fooled! They were even talking to us on the phone when they pulled up in the driveway! So we had the whole family here with us to celebrate the holiday! --Like I said... Awesome!
I cooked Christmas dinner all by myself this year for 7 adults and 4 children and it was awesome! The hardest part of the whole thing was making sure the parental units sat on their butts and did nothing! That as my whole goal... every year they like shuffling around the kitchen with me and helping me make the meal but this year I wanted to give them the gift of just enjoying the the extra time with their granddaughter and being waited on and served. They deserve it after all, for all they do for us. We had the usual dinner items; Ham, Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Green bean Casserole, Veggies, Rolls, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Pies, Cookies, Cakes etc.
Christmas morning was also awesome, everyone seemed to enjoy their gifts we gave them and Santa was very good to the munchkin this year! I thought her eye balls were gonna pop out of her head when she opened her barbie doll that she asked him for... she has been waiting all Christmas season to see if he would remember to bring it for her! It was awesome to see her face and smile and have her say... seee! He remembered and he IS real! So worth every penny!
One of my favorite things we did this year for Christmas was something new... we went to Bellingrath Gardens its in Theodore Alabama and it has a HUGE light display. There is a historical home you can tour and even a dinner cruise you can take on the Flow river. We mostly just stuck to touring the gardens and viewing the lights. All I can say is... if your ever in the area during this time of year... go! You will NOT be disappointed!
Here's just some of the pics from our Christmas :)



This is how she kept her Grandparents busy for me while I worked in the kitchen... Candy Land... and she's pulling a Charlie Sheen because they are pretending to be cry babies LOL!
Oh yeah... we take Candy Land in our house VERY seriously! LOL!

In Bellingrath Gardens... it was just beautiful!

By far my favoirte picture from that night... he cracks me up!
This is why I am still married to him LOL!

This is how she kept her Grandparents busy for me while I worked in the kitchen... Candy Land... and she's pulling a Charlie Sheen because they are pretending to be cry babies LOL!
Oh yeah... we take Candy Land in our house VERY seriously! LOL!
In Bellingrath Gardens... it was just beautiful!
By far my favoirte picture from that night... he cracks me up!
This is why I am still married to him LOL!
Don't you just love those nightgowns? My mom bought my oldest 2 pairs, and I ended up getting her 2 more! Glad you had a good Christmas!
ReplyDeleteSounds like your Christmas was awesome! I want to visit that place now. Next Christmas I'm going :) The lights are what gets me this time of year. I just melt!
ReplyDelete