
1. What is your favorite winter memory?
I must have been about 6... it was March and we were on vacation in Germany. My mom and I were just walking home from the bakery shop about four blocks away from my grandparents house and it started to snow. That was the first time I had ever seen snow. I remember trying to catch snowflakes on my tongue as we walked over the bridge of the creek that runs along the street of where they lived. I can still vividly remember how it looks in my mind... but then again I remember so much about Germany, and I miss it.
2. What is your current favorite TV show?
It changes all the time since there are tons of shows I like to watch. Five seasons later and I still am hooked on the drama at the Jersey Shore. I loved Chuck and am sad that they are not making another season. I can't wait for Walking Dead to start up again in a week or two. I still watch Big Bang Theory religiously and continue to believe that Leonard is the hottest geek (next to my husband of course) And then of course there are all the reality shows I watch but it's not bachelor or survivor or that stuff... (JS is my only vice on that) its Ghost Hunters, The Collector, Disappeared, Scorned, Ru Pauls Drag Race, Son of Guns, Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters etc.
3. What was your favorite thing that happened in January?
Comic Con!!! It was last weekend, the last weekend in January! It was the BEST! Check out my post on it to read all about it ;)
4. What is the best sound in the world to you?
My daughter when she comes in my bedroom in the morning and whispers... "Good morning mommy, I love you" and then she snuggles with me for a few minutes... that is OUR time just me and her... she has done it since she was about 2 and even at 6 she still does it... I don't know what I'm going to do when she stops one day.
5. What is the biggest lesson you have learned as a MilSpouse (or significant other)?
Write your military friends addresses in pencil in your address book. Never take the airforce's time lines serious... there will ALWAYS be delays...because nothing is ever set in stone, and even if it is... wait five minutes because I'm sure they will change their mind again. Give it a chance, ye moving sucks, yes making new friends and leaving behind old ones suck... but give your new place, city and people around you all a fair chance... at least for the first 2-3 months... if after that you still hate it then I guess its safe to say you do but until then... take it slowly and go out and discover... you never know what you might find! Annnnnd... as hard as it is... MAKE friends! I don't know how many times I went to one of my fellow military wife friends needing help... a ride to the store because my car broke down, a trusted friend to watch my kid for a half hour while I go run my errands and regain my sanity, someone to have Thanksgiving or Christmas with when you can't be with your family or just a shoulder to cry on when you miss your husband. :) These tips I have learned over the years of being an Air Force wife and they have always helped me, I hope they help you too :) oooh, Oohhhh... also VERY important... NEVER let TMO pack up your garbage... it will stink like death warmed over by the time TMO delivers it and you will spend a week trying to figure out which box is the stinky box... I speak from personal experience LOL!
Your Comic Con experience sounds like it was amazing! I'm envious of your meeting Stan Lee. :-D
ReplyDeleteI'm just going to sit here and be incredibly jealous that you got to go to Comic Con...and you didn't take me! Hmph! lol
ReplyDelete