Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Recycled Notebooks Craft


In honor of girl scouts thinking day (which was Feb. 22nd 2012) munchkin and I did a fun little recycle project. We took boxes from foods around the house, like cereal boxes, pizza boxes, fruit snack boxes and even poptart boxes and made notebooks out of them using the boxes as front and back covers! They are so easy to make and the kiddo loves them! She loves the idea that she can write a "story" about her favorite foods on the front LOL! I love that she is writing, being creative and of course recycling!

I know... your probably thinking... when did she turn into such a hippy?! Well, to be truthful a part of me always has been green, I just don't show it as much. I'm not totally extreme like some who only bathe once a week because they want to conserve water, but I try to do my part. We recycle at home for various things, and I also recycle on base with a container called "Greenopolis" they are a small'ish company that has a few containers in bigger cities (and working to make more in other cities) that you can take your recyclable bottles to and they will actually reward you in coupons and movie tickets for recycling! YEAH! That's right... REWARDS for recycling!


So yeah recycling rocks! And the munchkin had loads of fun helping me cut out the cardboard and paper to put in between. I then stapled the tops up to make it "flip" style and walah! Instant notebook! You can make them however you want or even decorate them too! The best part... when they are full and used up, you can always recycle the paper & cardboard again ;)

Oh and speaking of recycling! I picked up THE BEST pair of flip flops I think I've ever owned yesterday! We got our tax refund back (YAY!) and went on our shopping spree for new family spring/summer wardrobes. Among the loads of stuff I bought, I got these awesome Sanuk flip flops from Carnival shoe store. They are insanely comfy! I feel like I am quite literally walking on air... and it's because they are made out of a yoga mat! Yup! Check them out online at www.sanuk.com or you can also find them at shoes.com or zappos.com. I'm telling you... best comfort flip flop ever!!! lol!

2 comments: