
1. What is your favorite/most unique anniversary/birthday gift from your spouse? suggested by Bel at Being a Better Me
Hmmm.... there's been quite a few... It's probably silly but he actually made me a HUGE banner for my birthday one year, like with construction paper and glue and glitter and all kinds of craftiness! And if you know my husband, he is a techie not a crafty LOL! It really meant alot to me and I kept it up in the living room for the whole month! Let's see what he comes up with this year... he's got 8 more days to finalize his plans LOL!
2. What’s your first thought when you see it’s snowing (or what would you say if you don’t live somewhere with snow? suggested by Poekitten from Many Waters
My first thought is YAY! Grab the kiddo, grab our coats, gloves and boots and head outside!!! But since we now live in Mississippi and it never snows here (except that first year we moved here, and it was flurries) I don't get to say that... I wish it would in winter, it would be lovely.
3. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? suggested by Erika from Chambanachik
Hearing about my dad having a heart attack. My mom called me in the middle of the day on a Tuesday and I just knew something had to be up... she never calls like that, usually because shes working. I just knew even before she called something was wrong, I felt like crap all morning and just really uneasy. My dad drove to the store and was on his way home, when he got really sick and clammy, then the pain in his chest started. He stopped by my moms work and made it through the door and hit the floor and passed out. They all called 911 and he was whisked away by ambulance to the hospital. They found out after he had a heart cath done and some ultrasounds that he had 80% blockage in his left artery and 75% blockage in his right artery, he also had a clot in his leg. They removed the blockages and the clot, and he's find now... it was just really scary and very touch and go. He nearly didn't make it. I have a feeling that if he had gone straight home and not stopped at my moms work he would have died at home, since there would have been no one but him there. :( He had someone looking out for him that day, I just know it. He has taken the doctor's advice pretty seriously and has stopped smoking completely (after 40 years of smoking) and is even eating right and exercising, and for that I am greatful!
4. What was your favorite thing that happened in February?
Hmm... Mardi Gras I supposed was probably a highlight, all the parades and festivities were great. And celebrating another birthday for my mom, I count my lucky stars each year that she has one.
5. What are you looking forward to in March?
Well... there is my birthday to celebrate on the 11th, and the kiddo has her soccer award ceremony on the 17th, but other than that nothing much is going on. :)
Soooo glad your dad is ok!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie! I am so relieved it all turned out well too. :)
ReplyDelete